New Pictures of my Georgian

judithfa

I have not been doing much on any of my mini projects lately – the RW seems to keep interfering!

BUT I have gone back to trying to make some progress on my Georgian. I have been trying to resolve some landscaping issues and I have posted some pictures. I have also reorganized the album. I separated the Georgian album into one album for each floor.

Please enjoy yourself perusing any of the albums, but the only big changes for the Georgian are in the album “exterior”.

:D

Judith: I think you are building my dream house. It is so beautiful, everything from the drawings to the settings in your individual rooms. I love it.

Peggi

Judith,

I finally was able to really "take a look" at your Big G. I never go look at your pictures unless I have the time to really "look" because the Big G is so massive and there's so much too look at that I don't want to miss anything.

I must say this...it is one of the most awe-inspiring pieces of fine art I've ever seen. Just looking at the exterior alone...this house 'commands' a persons attention. I brought a friend of mine over to my desk just now to take a look at it and the only thing she could say was "Wow"! It truly is a masterpiece. When I'm finally able to start my custom built castle someday and people ask me where I got my inspiration, I'll be so very proud to tell them that in part, it came from the Big G and show them a picture of it. I am truly humbled by what you have accomplished.

One question I do have for you. You've been working on the Big G for such a long time. When it's finished, won't you terribly miss working on it? After all, it's a scratch build and holds your heart, mind, and soul within it's walls. I would think that finishing it will feel somewhat like a new mother just giving birth to a child and missing that life inside her. Yes, you'll probably change things here and there on occasion, but won't you still miss the intensity of making it come to life?

Again, thank you so very much for the inspiration. You are truly a creator of great and wonderful things!

PS...Once it's finished, if you don't send pictures of it to DHM, MC, and/or AM for publishing you and I are going to have a "come to Jesus" meeting!!! :o B) :p

Marie ---

How very kind you are. I really don't know what to say -- except thank you so much. Coming from someone as creative and talented and hard-working as you, is high praise indeed.

I love to look at your houses also to see what ideas I can get; thus your walk-in shower in the FoxHall got "transported" to my Thornhill.

When the Georgian is finished ... hmmmm ... Marie, dear, I think I have about another year's of work on it and truly, I don't know how I will feel when it is finshed -- maybe that's why I keep dragging out the work on it. Not to be dramatic here, but I keep thinking of an old Turkish proverb, something to the effect:

"When the house is finished, the man dies". I won't really "die" (at least, I hope not (grin)!), but, you are right, something within will be gone.

I love all my houses. When I am feeling gloomy, I go to my houses and something is rejuvenated. But, I when I open the doors of my Georgian, I am truly transported. Even I can't believe I created such a thing.

I had better stop now because I am beginning to get misty-eyed.

Marie, once again, thank you so much.

• 3 weeks later...