Yet Another Contest!

Don't know how many of you are on Facebook, and are on the RGT fanpage. For those who haven't seen it yet -- they are offering another small contest:

We want to see how you help your minis celebrate Independece Day! Post a photo of your miniature July 4th celebration, scene or patriotic decor (ie. decorated porch, room, backyard, deck) and you will be entered in our Independence Day drawing. 3 lucky winners will receive a $100 RGT Gift Certificate. 1 entry per person but please feel free to post as many pictures as you like. Show off your independence with a BANG!

Think MINI - you might be thinking too large of scale. We just want to see some Independence Day cheeriness. It doesn't have to be a huge project. It could be something as simple as a porch scene with lawn chairs, flags and maybe some mini candy from the parade that just went by. I'm sure you can think of something! Maybe even decorate something that is already built. A simple photo submission of all things Independence Day could be worth a $100!! :0)

Their fanpage link is: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2704...llhouses?v=wall

(hope we're allowed to add links here!) :giggle:

How are you feeling, Rhonda? Any improvement?

Good Morning, Sherry! Thanks for asking . . . I saw my doctor yesterday and got the last of the stitches out, but he wanted me to take another week or so off because I am having so much post-op vestibular reaction to the surgery. After much wrangling, we negotiated that I will go back to work on Monday night, with the stipulation that if I get feeling bad again, I go straight back home. Please cross your fingers for me because this has already ended up in about 3 weeks off with zero pay . . . I am MORE than broke! I am in complete financial panic mode!

i'm sure sorry you're having to go through this. But as I told DH last year about the cancer, better debt than to do nothing and get worse. We're always going to be paying bills, and always going to have financial setbacks, but if you don't have your health, you can't do anything about the bills anyway!

You should take part in this contest. It's just a fun thing, nothing you have to buy, no brand you have to use, just an opportunity to have fun. I thought at first that I didn't have the time, but then thought of something silly to do and have been giggling while I worked on it all morning. That's my idea of great contests! I won't win, but I'm having such fun!

iYou should take part in this contest. It's just a fun thing, nothing you have to buy, no brand you have to use, just an opportunity to have fun. I thought at first that I didn't have the time, but then thought of something silly to do and have been giggling while I worked on it all morning. That's my idea of great contests! I won't win, but I'm having such fun!

Thanks, Sherry. Now about that contest . . . well, I'm not signing back on Facebook. But, hey . . . in the event I don't have to sign back up to enter . . . how could I stand a chance anyway with you entering? I grinned when I read you thought of something "silly" to do. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that your so-called "silly" entry will blow me away! You always do awesome, awesome stuff! I'll be crossing my fingers for you & your entry!

Thanks, Claudia.

I would participate but I've been working on my Woodstock for 17 years now. :giggle:

I really need to finish it.

Also, I don't know much about facebook. Why are there stores on facebook? That's the part I don't understand.

No, Rhonda, I'm not kidding. My entry is pure nonsense. I didn't really intend to do anything, but then this popped into my head out of nowhere, Larry laughed about it, and so I did it for fun. I don't know that I'll even send it in, except that maybe it will give everyone a laugh!

The thing about the miniatures companies having facebook pages is that you are really able to 'talk' with them. Gary is there on the RGT page and if anyone has a problem or question about a build, he's on to answer it pretty quickly. That way, we all get to hear the answer in case we ever run across that same problem. And 'Ernie' has really been listening to his customers as far as adding new items to his inventory. I wanted a treadmill, and it was there in the next catalog! And he's getting the line of Artisan Flair dolls because so many people wanted them. It's kinda nice to be able to tell them what we want and they listen! Plus, I've met some really nice mini people on both sites, so I enjoy it.