Sharing recipes

Deb

Chicken parmesian came up on another thread and I said I'd post my recipe over here. (never could find a quick and easy chicken parmesan recipe I liked so I made my own)

Can I lure ya'll into posting your favorite recipes here too? I love to cook and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. Shall we share?

Deb

Chicken Parmesan

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

sleeve of club crackers

1/4 to 1/3 cup parmesan cheese

4 eggs, beaten

oil

Mozzarella cheese

To taste:

oregano

garlic powder

basil

onion powder

salt

pepper

In food processor, grind club crackers to the texture of coarse flour. Add parmesan cheese and seasonings.

Tenderize chicken breasts with mallet. Dip chicken breasts in egg and then in cracker mixture. Repeat. Saute lightly in oil over low to medium heat till gently browned. Place in baking dish and cover with slices of mozzarella cheese. Cover with sauce of your choice (I use Classico brand alfredo with sun dried tomatoes, but marinara is just as good depending on your preference) Bake at 350 till done...about 30 minutes.

What fun. DH & I are on a very low-fat, low-carb diet for various old-f**t health issues so I have to get really creative to stay compliant with it. Here's how I do spinach salad.

1 package fresh baby (or teenaged) spinach, washed & rinsed

1 Vidalia onion, sliced thin & separated into rings

1/4 cup olive oil

1 packet pork flavoring

1/4 cup imitation bacon bits (I use Tone's)

1 Tbsp flour

1/4 cup white vinegar

warm water as needed

separate spinach into salad bowls

Heat oil in a heavy pan (I use an iron skillet) and add onion slices, stir onions until they begin to brown; I use a wire whisk to stir. Stir in flour and continue to stir until roux browns, add water and stir in, cooking until clear. Stir in the vinegar. Add water gradually until the consistency of salad dressing (which is what you're making), stir in pork flavoring packet and bacon bits and remove from heat, pour over the spinach evenly and toss lightly, and dig in!

We like this with oven-fried or baked catfish filets and black beans & rice. (Recipe later, if anyone's interested.)

We also use ground turkey instead of ground beef or pork.

Oh I like this!! :D

Here is a salad Chelsea turned us on to:

Bag of baby spinach

1 granny smith apple sliced thin and soaked in lemon juice

1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

1/2 of 8oz package of feta cheese (sliced not crumbled)

1 small red onion sliced thin

Toss all ingredients in salad bowl.

Dressing:

1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar

1/4 tsp dijon mustard

1 1/2 tbl. maple syrup

a pinch of salt

a pinch of pepper

1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce

1 tsp toasted sesame oil

1 1/2 tbl. extra virgin olive oil

Combine and whisk until well blended.

Pour dressing over salad and toss.

Yummy!

This one is FUN.

If you use fat free sour cream and low fat mayo in this one it is almost guilt free!

Swedish Cucumbers

2 cucumbers

1 small onion

1 T vinegar

1 t salt

1 t sugar

Peel and slice cucumbers and onion. Marinate for 1 half hour in vinegar, salt and sugar

Drain cucumbers and mix with

¾ cup mayo

½ cup sour cream

1 T dill

Perfect for summer BBQ's

oooo, yum you guys! I don't have any recipes to share...somewhere i have a wonderful chicken (fattening) recipe....haven't seen it in a couple of moves but i'm sure it's around the house. Generally i stick with stuff like opening a jar a spaghetti sauce..... :D

Here's a low-fat/ fat-free basic quick bread tip: You can substitute 2 Tablespoons of fat-free mayo for every cup of self-rising cornmeal or self-rising flour in place of the eggs & oil in making biscuits, muffins or cornbread. If you also add 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce in the muffin mix you don't need sugar, either.

Holly thanks for that one. Chels will like that!

Ok.. I have made alot of baked goods over the years. I want to make a cookie care package for Chelsea and her roomates when I go on Sunday.

Does anyone have different, unusual, decadent, chocolatey, non-chocolatey recipes for cookies or bars that I can make to send up?

There is no dietary restrictions like no nuts.

Anything would be appreciated.

Ok Heidi you asked for it!!!

Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies

Oven 350°

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

2 cups light brown sugar

2 large eggs

2 tablespoons milk

2 teaspoons orange zest

1 teaspoon orange extract

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 cups old fashioned oats

2 cups dried cranberries

2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well mixed. Add the zest and extracts and mix well. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the oats, then add to the butter mixture and mix well. Fold in the cranberries and pecans (if desired). Drop by teaspoonfuls two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 4 minutes. Then remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container or freeze.

Worth a dollar cookies

• 2 cups butter

• 4 cups flour

• 2 tsp. soda

• 2 cups sugar

• 5 cups oatmeal (blended)

• 24 oz. chocolate chips

• 2 cups brown sugar

• 1 tsp. salt

• 1 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)

• 4 eggs

• 2 tsp baking powder

• 3 cups Heath bars chopped

• 2 tsp. vanilla

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and Heath chips. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

(Recipe may be halved)

APPLESAUCE JUMBLES

WITH BROWNED BUTTER GLAZE

HEAT OVEN TO 375

2 ¾ CUPS FLOUR

1 ½ CUPS BROWN SUGAR

1 TSP SALT

½ TSP BAKING SODA

¾ CUP APPLESAUCE

½ CUP SHORTENING

2 EGGS

1 TSP GROUND CINNAMON

1 TSP VANILLA

¼ TSP GROUND CLOVES

1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS. DROP DOUGH BY ROUNDED TEASPOONFULS ABOUT 2 INCHES APART ONTON UNGREASED COOKIE SHEET.BAKE UNTIL NO INDENTATION WHEN TOUCHED, ABOUT 10 MINUTES. COOL. SPREAD WITH BROWNED BUTTER GLAZE.

BROWNED BUTTER GLAZE

HEAT 1/3 CUP BUTTER OVER LOW HEAT UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN; REMOVE FROM HEAT. STIR IN 2 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR AND 1 ½ TSP VANILLA. BEAT 2 TO 4 TPS HOT WATER UNTIL SMOOTH.

These are my three favorite go to cookies. Plus they travel well!

MOZARELLA BREAD

Take a loaf of italian bread, I like the kind that is sliced diagonally down the sides.

Go ahead and cut in down the middle and then fill it up with mozarella cheese (I usually buy the package with 2 cups in in)

Take 1/2 stick of butter, put in cup, put garlic powder in it, and melt in microwave, probably 45 seconds.

Pour it over the mozarella cheese in the bread

Put the rest of the mozarella cheese on top of the bread

Bake in oven at 350 until cheese is melted and slightly browned on top

BROCCOLI SOUP

Take one package frozen chopped broccoli

1 can cream of broccoli soup

1 can cheddar cheese soup

Using those cans, put in 2 cans 2% milk and 2 cans water

Four slices american cheese

Put it all in a big pot and simmer it for a while, not too long, and don't let it hard boil

LINDA'S VERSION OF HOMEMADE VEGETABLE SOUP

Get 1 package beef cubes, put it in the crock pot on low, salt and pepper to taste, put a little bit of worschestershire (SP?) sauce in it, cook for 6-8 hours (this works really well if you put it in before you go to work).

Put the beef into a big pot and put it on the stove

Take 2 potatoes, peel them, cut them up and put them in the pot (or you can use a can of potatoes)

1 can of sliced or diced tomatoes

1 can of everything that you like (I use green beans, lima beans, squash with vidalia onions, corn, sometimes okra) and put it in the pot.

Simmer for at least 1 hour, but 2 is best.

Excellent for cold cold days.

Lony thank you!

I make a similar version of your cranberry oatmeal but i dont use orange zest. That is one I am going to try. My version I use dried cranberries, yellow raisins, and chopped walnuts. I think I will try the worth a dollar cookies too. Maybe make some peanut butter cookies. That would be a good combo!

Ok here's one of my own salad recipes.

You will need...

1 bag of ready made salad or make up your own.

1 bag of vegetarian chicken style soya pieces thawed (you could use real chicken if preferred).

lemon pepper

black cracked pepper

Egg free majonaisse

Heat up chicken pieces in a little amount of olive oil and stir until browned slightly.

Once chicken pieces are cooked put salad in a bowl and toss in the chicken whilst warm, then add three teaspoons of majonaisse then add the lemon pepper/cracked pepper to taste.