Received My dollhouse

Peggi

I received my Van Buren today. This house is going to be bigger than I thought when I bid on it. It will be a while before I start on it, I hope to start the Creekside Cabin by the weekend, and then the Buttercup. But I'm so excited.

post-70-1150764106_thumb.jpg post-70-1150764125_thumb.jpg It says it has 6 rooms, 3 stairways, a widow's walk with a trap door, 2 hallways and a bathroom. It measures 30x24x30. I'm already thinking of extending the balcony across the front and maybe adding columns and a front porch. What do you think? I can tell this one will take some time to put together.

As soon as you extend the balcony across, I start thinking Southern... possibly on the ocean front if you're going to keep the widow's walk. Historic homes in Newport News doesn't quite contain anything identical to what you're suggesting, but a couple houses are close.

(Now it'll turn out you live there... but I'm scatterbrained about remembering locations...)

As soon as you extend the balcony across, I start thinking Southern... possibly on the ocean front if you're going to keep the widow's walk. Historic homes in Newport News doesn't quite contain anything identical to what you're suggesting, but a couple houses are close.

(Now it'll turn out you live there... but I'm scatterbrained about remembering locations...)

Not to worry, I don't live there :lol: But you're right, I am thinking southern (I am from GA)

Thank you for the link, I'm open to any ideas. I will be visiting Savannah soon, hopefully some of their old homes will also give me a direction to go in. For some reason when I saw this I thought of Tara, have no idea why.

I'm already thinking of extending the balcony across the front and maybe adding columns and a front porch.

With the columns, Tara. Without, and the full front balcony, vieux carre in N'Awlins. If you leave it as is, Apalachicola. Seriously, you have the most Southern-looking house I have seen! Think Savannah or Milledgeville.

When you go to Savannah, take the "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" tour and LOTS of film, you will get more ideas for the Van Buren than you'll ever remember, as well as landscaping. Some of the plantation houses along the Ashley River in Charleston are good inspiration, and while you're there you may as well go meet Joan at Miniature Memories on Folly Beach Road...

Yay Peggi!! What a real gem! And as a true southern belle, I know you'll make it more beautiful than Tara ever could be. You go girl!!

Yer goin' to Savannah? Oooooooooooooooh. Lucky you! Bring back lots of pictures!

Deb