Started my first house

SabrinaO

Sabrina, your Laurel is lovely!

Do you intend to try wiring it? I always finish the walls and floors first too. None of my houses are wired - I don't know how.

Have you thought about curtains yet? A hint I found helpful is to make a tracing of window walls before assembling. then trace the window shape onto a flat surface, eg. pizza lid. Cover this with Saran and then you can drape and position the curtains. I use Stiffy to arrange the folds where I want, remove the drapes when dry, and apply the curtain to the window.

Linda McD from NOTL

Oh Sabrina! I love the Laurel! You're doing a great job! I think my favorite is the purple room--very pretty!

And I am so jealous! I want a Laurel, but every time I get my hands on one it ends up going to someone else (OK, so the second one was intended for my sister-in-law, but hubby gave it to his niece instead) ...

For your first dollhouse looks like you're making really good progress quickly. Your house looks good.

I saw your family pictures, I've never seen Ryleigh spelled that way, my husband's name is Riley. It's not real common here.

Peggi

Linda,

I hated to give her that dern kit....lol

but I knew she would do a great job!

and SOMEDAY

I will get to build one also.

she tells me she has more done but I think she's holding out on us!

nutti :p

OK, I can tell we're gonna get confused here. I see "MiniLinda", and I think me. And now I see "Linda" and I am not sure if it is me (LPCullen = Linda Cullen) or MiniLinda ....

I want another Laurel !!! WAAAAAAA!!!!

I think your Laurel looks great! What are you going to do with the attic? I did a Laurel for my daughter where I put up a wall right about in the middle of the attic to create two children's bedrooms, a pink one and a blue one. There isn't a whole lot of room that way, but they were for minature children anyway. :p

Hi Linda Cullen.

I was confused at first when a reply was posted to Linda, and I didn't understand the message. Then figured out it was for you!

My e-maill addy is minilinda2001, and I sign my posts Linda McD from NOTL.

You were here first, should I change anything to cut down on the confusion?

Linda McD from NOTL

Thanks! I'm trying It will get to looking better as I go I am sure can always Fix flaws and turn them into new ideas Thats the blessing of creation. *giggles* nothings perfect until you create it. wich is why I have fallen in love with craft you can never really mess up because you can always comprimise with it. To answer the question about the attic I think I am going to make it a Old attic Like back in the days when most were a kid and used to think that your grandparents attic was the scariest place to ever go . but realised when you were older how it was more interesting then scary and how histery kinda eveolved in your family . It is a bit hard to explain exactly what I mean but I hope you kinda get the idea B) The purple room is my favorite as well I'm not quite sure why but it's kinda clinging to me me *giggles* I haven't been able to work on my house the past couple of days as been busy helping my Sister pack and move and my neice. So things have been a bit hectic but am finally getting back in order! :D I know the name Ryleigh is not very common least not spelled in that way But he is gonna be a little heartbreaker when he gets older... and it will be a little bit harder for people to fake his name on something if they don't know how he spells it . the Same with my great neice her name is Aijah but it's pronounce as you would say Asia.

And thank you for the Cool idea for the Curtains/drapes. I like !

Sabrina

My Webshots

Hi Linda Cullen.

I was confused at first when a reply was posted to Linda, and I didn't understand the message. Then figured out it was for you!

My e-maill addy is minilinda2001, and I sign my posts Linda McD from NOTL.

You were here first, should I change anything to cut down on the confusion?

Linda McD from NOTL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heavens No MiniLinda! Don't change a thing! We'll just be two Lindas (my email is cullenclan), and answer all posts with Linda, LOL! That'll confuse 'em real good! It'll be great fun!

Well sis I got to look at your photos and all I can say is wowee!

fantastic job!

one question...are those stairs glued in yet? are you happy with them?

ok thats 2 questions. the Arthur came with those open steps but I used tounge depressor craft sticks cut to the right size and stained to make the risers.

or you can just cut a peice of wood or foamcore to make a staircase backing.

call me if I have you totally confused! ;)

hugggzzz

nutti :D

Sabrina, if you into the attic idea there is a Yahoo group called Miniville Museum that is currently doing a theme called Grandmother's Attic. There are alot of attic related goodies in the files. :D