three whole days off!

ilovecats

Yes I agree!!!!!!!!!!! ;) I started off with a nice relaxing cup of tea and some window shopping on ebay....nothing too exciting to be had. Some nice time posting and reading posts on this forum and then....

I did the barbeque thing! I poured a glass of wine (it taste delicious thanks) I grilled some pork steaks...i used to be good at cooking them, but it's been about 4 years since i cooked my last one....i ummmmm burned them slightly :( I thought "just another couple of minutes" (i'm afraid of under cooked pork)....turns out it was just another couple of minutes tooooo long :p :angry: Ah well, they were too thick anyway and turned out tough as well. The perfect ones (now that i am remembering) :D are a bit thinner and always turn out nice and tender. This is my first time to cook them on them on a grill (i used to cook them on a charcoal grill, and this barbeque is HOT even though i turned the flame down......well lots of summer days to get more practice in! Wait until Andrew has his pork steak....he'll be quite disappointed since i kept hyping up how yummy they are.

I strolled thru the yard looking at flowers (and all the weeds i need to take care of) but focused on the pretty roses and picked some yummy strawberries. So that is the beginning of my long weekend! I will work on my orchid here shortly and glue on the porch and bay window. Tomorrow will be plaster time! Then possibly finishing off the cantebury or working on my grosvenor....ah the fun of having choices!

I hope to start on my tennyson this weekend (the naughty witches house), a wonderful person has mailed me the instructions so now i can dig in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toodles!

It's always so nice to have a stretch of days off before us.

I just started my time off too. I always take the month of June off. I job-share ... usually work a week and off a week. But the lady I share with is terrific, we switch around if something comes up. I just finished a few weeks straight working while she went down to the States to visit her grandchildren.

Wouldn't you know it, but she'd only been gone a few days and I got sick with a bad cold ... turned to pneumonia. Still got some fluid in my lungs, so I'm just resting at home for a few days. Ray's on nightshifts and starts his vacation when he finishes his shift Saturday A.M.

Today I've spent some time on the computer doing a little shopping. Had to go out for about 1/2 hour to pick something up. Otherwise just relaxing ... weather is great. Cats are happy I'm home. I have a couple of neighbour's cats who also like to come over for a visit. We have a cat door, and when Ray and/or I'm home we just latch the screen door and they come in and out as they please. Never leave the yard (other than to sit in the front yard bushes by the front of the house). We have "cat cut outs" on the bottom boards of our fence on either side of the house so that the cats can cut around the house without having to jump the fence.

I've also been working on some 1/4 scale furniture. Just thought I'd try my hand at it. Might do a mini scene. I also just got a Porch Kit from HBS. When Ray's finished his shifts, he can help me put it together and then I can decorate.

-Susanne

It's always so nice to have a stretch of days off before us.

I always take the month of June off. Wouldn't you know it, but she'd only been gone a few days and I got sick with a bad cold ... turned to pneumonia. Still got some fluid in my lungs, so I'm just resting at home for a few days.

-Susanne

AAHHHH! Thats nice! Sorry to hear that you have been sick. Rest alot! and enjoy your minis!!!!

I used to LOVE 3 Star weekends (That's what we would call them back in the day <_< )

Enjoy your time off dear!

Thanks Tracy!

Hubby had a three day stretch for Memorial day weekend. On Saturday he was lazy. On Sunday and Monday he helped me get some much needed elbow grease cleaning done.

The only problem with him getting long stretches is that now he has to work two weekends in a row!

<_< :D:D

He is now working a 6 day stretch, has this monday off!

I am a mom...I have no days off.. BUT!

Chels will be gone for 5 weeks and Nat will be gone the same amount of time. She has been invited to go to RI to stay with Nana and Poppy, Aunties and Uncles.

I WILL HAVE THE WHOLE HOUSE TO MYSELF!!!!!

Will Heidi go stark raving mad with glee?

Will she get the dh done in that time?

Or will she catch up on the never ending saga of Erica Kane? (I havent watched soaps in years..was hardcore ABC fan, Ryan`s Hope, AMC, OLTL, GH)

Boy, the time off sure flew by. It seems as tho it barely started. Now i sit looking at the time on my computer, 30 minutes until bedtime....where's the sobbing emoticon? :D :lol:

I got alot done on the Orchid tho. All the trimwork has been sanded and has 1 coat of paint. The house is totally painted inside and out (two coats of paint). I forgot to mention that i spackled it inside and out for a bit of texture. I put the staircase and the bay window together today, neither of which are going to fit right and will need modification. :D Ah well. Did i mention that the paint colors are purty? Yup, shades of purple. I'll post pic's maybe tomorrow night, maybe tuesday. I still need to shingle but am undecided about stain or paint for those little puppies! I also cut some wood flooring (i had a couple of sheets kickin' around the house from another project). The kitchen flooring had to be pieced together but i think a throw rug will distract the eye from it :lol: I just need to measure and cut baseboards and crown molding and get it painted. Then glue all the trimmings on.....okay the more i write here, the more i realize i have to do :) :lol: I was just thinking that it is almost finished :lol: I will decorate it as soon as i find the right furnishings for my witch!

So my other project is the Tennyson. I got the shell put together and all joints and slots have been spackled and sanded. I can't wait to decorate that project! I'll be aging the paint, so it should be interesting to see how that turns out as i don't have much experience with it. I want to house to look old and run down but not derelict. No quite a haunted house look. So if that explains it.... :lol:

I also did a little hit or miss cleaning and all the laundry (oops i didn't put away that last basket full that is still in the basement....or empty the dishwasher and reload it)...all in all a productive time off. It still doesn't seem like i had enough time for minis tho. *sigh* back to work tomorrow. But yipppeee I have tuesday off. Then 3 on.....then a 4 day mini vacation so that i can work on my dollhouses!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see the pictures of how it turns out.

I'm not the best picture taker ... especially harder in this smaller scale. But here's the 1/4 scale cradle and rocking chair that I made. I'm putting them in the BH as toys for the dollhouse children.

-Susanne

I'll be aging the paint, so it should be interesting to see how that turns out as i don't have much experience with it. I want to house to look old and run down but not derelict.

A dirty wash, perhaps a "crackle" treatment here & there, maybe one or two crooked/ sagging bits, if you're using siding. If "plaster", it's natural that some might crumble over time, exposing small areas of brick, stone or lathing, whatever was underneath; again with the dirty wash.

Thanks for the pictures, Susanne, the furniture turned out very cute, even if your pictures came out as fuzzy as most of mine do :)

If anyone knows how to take pictures that aren't fuzzy - I'd sure like to know. I think I"m getting in too close and then I get a reflection from the flash. My pictures wash right out.

I was reading today that some people who take photos of minis use an empty gallon milk jug. They cut off the top and the bottom. Lay the miniature on a flat surface, and put the camera lense down into the cut off top ... they say it makes keeps the flash from reflecting back.

Anyone else got any good suggestions? Maybe I'll try holding the camera back further and using the "zoom" feature.

-Susanne