franklin dollhouse

ilovecats

I saw this franklin dollhouse by whitney a couple of weeks back, it was a buy it now. I decided to NOT get it even tho i liked the look of it. Then i saw it again a few days ago, still decided that i really liked it but NOT get it.....then i saw some pic's of a completed one....so...I got it! :angry: yes.......another house. where am i going to put this one? don't know. :( The sellers pic's are bad but the upstairs rooms just look so cool when the kit arrives i'll try to take better pic's to post.

I've not seen this house before. It looks like a good sized one though. Looking forward to seeing more photos when you receive it.

-Susanne

I'll try to find some pic's of a completed one, unfortunately the nice one that i saw was on ebay and the auction ended before i saved teh pic's. It has alot of charm and is unique looking inside.

LOL Marg! I have that one too, sitting in a closet.

It is a Really nice house and it shows up in my Greenleaf catalog from about 10 years ago. Yeap, this was built once upon a time by Greenleaf :angry: It's a GREAT size too.

Greenleaf had this one? What was it called?

It looks like a really nice build, I'd probably be tempted to make it into a boarding house...

I like that idea!

LOL Marg! I have that one too, sitting in a closet.

Greenleaf had this one? What was it called?

Cool!!!!!! We have another house in common!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

That sounds so neat! Spending nearly four months in VA I saw a LOT of all-brick houses (including a "Beacon Hill"!) and the ones I thought looked best had trim in pale colors, with white, pale blue & pale gray looking great (and one yellow-beige brick house with a striking grayish-green trim!)

Here are a couple from our first retirement trip, when I was thinking about doing brick. These first are from Yorktown: post-8-1163240169_thumb.jpg post-8-1163240280_thumb.jpg

And these were from Racine, WI: post-8-1163241362_thumb.jpg post-8-1163241439_thumb.jpg (two bars across the street from each other. I was doing research for my pub! :rolleyes: )

This is so funny Holly! I was all over Racine the other week looking for a Title company and when I saw your pictures just now I said to myself, that looks just like those buildings in Raacine :groucho: I read your post and see that it is :yes: Aren't there so many good buildings (Though the areas there are not the best neighborhoods).

I saw this one building that looked Wonderful (Will bash a buttercup to resemble it). The area was very rough there and I did not want to be caught with a Camera taking pictures (Nor did I want to stop and ask for permission) but Wow, there is so much potential there.

It was an older neighborhood. The gray brick building is a Pabst "castle" and the gentleman who had just bought & was restoring it invited us in and let me take pictures of his beautiful bar (for pub research, of course!lol): post-8-1163331150_thumb.jpg