some updates for you

I have put some photos in an album, for saras laurel, we hadn't got very far with it, and i need to add the porch, and do the doors, but Sara was getting impaiteint, and wanted to get her dogs out she had bought at miniatura, so we carpeted (all her choices) and wallpapered with the paper she had already chosen (we have yet to get walpaper for the kitchen and bedroom.

she then set too have a good old rummage through my box of furniture, deciding what she wanted to go in it (I will eventually make her some beds jsut for her)

she then arranged all her dogs exactly as they are in the photos, she has a great sense of humour !! I told her i hope that when she grows up her real dogs don't behave like that !!

I have alos given up completly on the idea of thatch my Glencroft with real thatch (well cocnut fibre) I was really hoping to get the look of ultra neat thatch, (if you have ever seen any houses by Graham wood of Little homes of England' that is what i wanted. but with his house being over the 1000 mark I could only hope to emaulate it badly (very badly it seems) thatching with real fibres is a nightmare, so messy and fiddly. think I was using hunks of it too thick, then just couldn't face cutting and tying together MORE little hanks, with all that mess, bits get everywhere.

so cheating time, I had seen somewhere a how too on tahtching a roof with a towel. so i went with it, chopped up a couple of old ones (Sara said 'ohh dads gonna be mad') tee h eee then procedded to tell him that he lives in a house of miniaturists so he better get used to the idea that we use what we neeed to get things looking right hhehee (shes a clown)

I cut the towel out into pieces to fit the roof of the Glencroft, and then set about mixing paints to get a nice golden straw colour. the colour is lovley, the photos really do not do it justice. I pu tto paint on with a toothbrush and brushing downwards to get all the fibres going downwards.

just got to touch it up with some darker bits and maybe green for mossy areas, add some string along the top edge to make it look like reeds that were used as decoration

you can see all the pics by going to my albums

Who would've thought old bathtowel could make such lovely thatch? That's SO clever! I am inordinately fascinated by the kitchen chimney, and especially the chimney pot, whatever did you use for it? All in all a wonderful job :lol:

wow I have searched High and low for nutti friendly thatching instructions.

what an interresting and very good idea. I really enjoyed the update! sweet puppy dog house and loved all the pooches! someone has good taste and humor!

now I have to go look at photos and check out the chimney.........

:lol:

Wow, that’s not got very far?

Can't wait to see it when you get your act together!

Seriously, love looking at pics like that for ideas. How long does it take to get all those "nick knacks" together. We don't even see them over here in NZ

Cheers

Glen

Who would've thought old bathtowel could make such lovely thatch? That's SO clever! I am inordinately fascinated by the kitchen chimney, and especially the chimney pot, whatever did you use for it? All in all a wonderful job :lol:

the chimneys are just ready made ones, got them from miniatura just gone

I have painted the thatch with highlights n ow, gives it that bit of depth and i am just off the attach the string decoration to the roof ridge, so more photos to come,

just got to do the front door and it can come out of hiding, and show off downstairs

there are some much better pictures in my album of the thatch.

I took her out in the garden for a photo shoot, she is so pretty.

still got to put a few roofing tiles on the kitchen window roof and the pantry roof, fix the front door in and shes just about done !!!

have stuck an ivy branch on the smaller chimney and i am in the process of cutting out 100's of ivy leaves to stick on, should look good, so plenty more to keep me busy