Butter cup house exterior

I need help advice and a lot of instructions. This is my first ever dollhouse so I know nothing. I was looking at exteriors like clap board brick and whatever else I looked at.

I was leans towards brick. But how do I even start?

On line I found loose bricks made of plastic or clay. Others came in sheetsof mesh with bricks on them. Which are easiest to put on? How do you put them on? What tools do I need? :p

I have so many questions and no real idea what I'm suppose to be doing :banana: Please help thanks

As far as I know, you need glue to put them on, and grout/stucco or drywall mud, to put in the cracks for the true bricked look. I gave my meshed bricks away. I never used them. My BC got painted with spray fleck paint, which gave it a plaster/pebbly sorta of look. It's in my album, towards the very last bunch of photos, as it was 1 of my first ones. Asking this question in General Mini Talk, may bring you more answers. Lot of folks have done brick. Best of luck. Have fun.

Well Hi, Janet, and do hop over to the Newcomers' Forum to introduce yourself to the rest of the gang.

I use sandpaper bricks and use white tacky glue (Elmer's) to attach them to the surface I've painted whatever grout color I want. I cut the ones I've been using in half to brick my 1:24 Fairfield. You can also cut them from wood (you'll want to grout those for a more realistic look), but paper mache drink holders from Mickey D's wo old egg cartons work, or check out the Building Team blogs to see how some of our folks use paperclay to make bricks. You can also order the Bromley System bricks from Dawn/ dollsand minis.

I need help advice and a lot of instructions. This is my first ever dollhouse so I know nothing. I was looking at exteriors like clap board brick and whatever else I looked at.

I was leans towards brick. But how do I even start?

On line I found loose bricks made of plastic or clay. Others came in sheetsof mesh with bricks on them. Which are easiest to put on? How do you put them on? What tools do I need? :p

I have so many questions and no real idea what I'm suppose to be doing :banana: Please help thanks

Hi Janet, welcome, and check out LPCullen's fabulous tutorial for paperclay bricks-- I used it for my Orchid and was very pleased with how it turned out. It would look great on a Buttercup!