HELP - Need parts for Duracraft

I have found dollproperties.com and a guy on e-bay who is the same company. I have paid him twice for parts and each time he sent the wrong ones! If anyone has extra or somehting the part is #5-165 for the Marquam Hill Mansion from Duracraft. The angled molding. If questions, please email me at atekavec@rkcpas.com. I am in desparation. I want to finish this bueatiful house but the parts which were provided in the kit were trashed. We had enough to get this far but need more to finish this project. Please help me if you can, this project is for a 6 year old who cannot understand why we can't finish the house. It is making me sick that I have paid for these parts and still cannot get them! Please help!

• 4 weeks later...

I also needed door trim for the Bellingham Farm dollhouse I am building at the present time. I also bought parts from the same company for door trim. I only got one piece in the kit, needed 2. Well I waited three weeks for the parts and e-mailed them about an estimated delivery time. They just canceled my order without an explanation as to why. I tore out the one door I put in. Cut 2 Houseworks doors smaller to fit in the space and I can finally go on. I know how you feel about the missing parts and I wish you luck in obtaining them.

I'm sorry I can't help with your parts, but I also have had a bad experience with dollproperties.com in the last month. They took my money & never mailed my items. After more than a dozen emails & a threat to post on every message board I belong to, I received a short note saying that my order was cancelled & my money would be on my credit card in 5 business days.

I don't know what's going on with these people, but they are still selling on eBay - nearly giving house kits away. Their telephone number is no longer listed on their site.

I'm a really nice, patient person, but I had to resort to threats to get any action. I'm not suggesting you do the same (because I really AM a nice person), but if that's what it takes.....

Good luck!

~Fay in FLA

I am sorry you all have had bad experiances with them. Sharon Thanks for the tips on how you were able to still get this fixed. Your tip may help someone else later.

I don't have any spare parts and really don't know who would have them now since the company Dura Craft is gone. :lol:

Back when Dura-Craft went belly-up, Dollproperties.com put out a press release announcing they had bought all of the company's unsold stock, so there's really no other source for parts unless someone on eBay has bits of a kit lying around.

There's a lot to be said for following Sharon's example of pulling out any pieces that match the missing piece, then replacing them all with something else.

Thank you for the kind words about my solution to tear out my doors on my Bellingham Farms and replace them. This is the first dollhouse I have ever attempted to make and felt compelled to use their parts. I want everyone to know that I have just found this site and find everyone's love of the art form wonderful. No one thinks making a dollhouse for yourself is strange. Just words of encouragement for all. Thanks.

I didn't have too many problems with dollproperties. I knew people were having problems with them and the ebay store when I placed my order and place one at my own risk. My friend gave me the Shenendoah that was missing so many pieces it was cheaper to by another kit rather than pay for what was missing. I did have to email to ask when my order was going to be sent. Their web site said it would be sent the next business day. It wasn't sent till the day I sent the email about a week after I placed the order. Very happy I got my order. Not happy with the level of customer service.

Does anyone know if doll properties bought the rights to Duracrafts designs, too? All the press release said that they bought remaining stock.

No one thinks making a dollhouse for yourself is strange.

No one really thinks making more than one dollhouse for yourself is strange, although my DH is getting a bit upset that I have three in the livingroom and there's no room for any more, and he sees how many kits I already have... If we could ever find a contractor half as reliable as the ones on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" we could make another room! (sigh) Oh, well, eventually I'll bite the bullet & offer the 1:12 ones for sale, I guess.

I don't know what's going on with these people, but they are still selling on eBay - nearly giving house kits away. Their telephone number is no longer listed on their site.

Good luck!

~Fay in FLA

yeah, the kits are cheap -- but the shipping is outrageous .....luckily, I apparently did business with this guy before he got so shoddy. I hate that you are having so many problems with him. If it were me I would just make something work.....kind of improvise. Like when my dog chewed up some of the trim for my grandaughter's Lafayette. Had to get all new plexiglass for the windows, too.

Doe

P.S. I sure hope to kiss a duck there's nothing wrong with building a house all for yourself! If it wasn't--we'd all be in the looney bin. :lol: ROFL

Thanks for all your great tips! Of course I am glad to have all this support. I did find a dollhouse store in town who made some similar parts for me. :p Thank goodness because I looked at other options and was not finding a solution because the opening was so huge! ;)

I am happy as well to find a place where people don't look at you funny for wanting a dollhouse so late in life. :)

I think it is just a good hobby and definately helps ease off the stress!!!

I have agree with Sharon, I must resort to doing things I don't normally do with dollproperties.com and just so you know I will personally never order from them again! (even though they had some nice looking furniture) :lol:

What does the part look like?

I am in the process of putting a Marquam together and I dont know but if you cant get the part maybe something can be worked out.

Meaning I have a neighbor who is a woodworker.

I dont have instructions so I cant refer to see which part it is.

I just did something really dumb, but I hope it turns out OK. I saw the Dura-craft Winston dollhouse kit on eBay & fell in love with the tiny little thing. So I bought it.... from our pals at Estates in Miniature.

I said I wouldn't order from them again, and I won't be buying off their dollproperties.com website, for sure. But I paid for this house with Paypal, and I'm going to trust that eBay and Paypal will back me up if I don't get the kit.

What's really sad is that I haven't gotten my money back from them yet....... but it hasn't been 5 business days, so I'm hoping they won't rip me off. :p

Keep your fingers crossed for me! I really want this little cottage. :lol:

~Fay in FLA

I just want everyone to know --- I just got my refund credit from dollproperties!!

;) Now I feel way better about buying the Winston cottage kit on eBay.

~Fay in FLA

Good for you on the refund!

I went over and looked at his eBay feedback... in fairness, it's at a level where most people would feel safe buying from him. The customers who are upset are really upset, and I take that more seriously in the mini world, where most people are pretty calm and friendly -- but the sheer numbers aren't horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everybody.

I want you all to know that I did get my little Winston Cottage & it is adorable! Charles emailed me & said he's been ill. He ended up mailing my Winston (at his own expense) Priority Mail, which cost more than I paid for the kit!

I hope you all get your problems with Estates in Miniature & DollProperties.com straightened out. If you keep emailing, politely, I think you will eventually hear from Charles.

I did mention that I belong to several online groups with over a thousand total members, and that we DO talk to each other. I don't know if that helped, but I got my house kit & I'm very happy.

I believe in posting the good news, as well as the bad, so I wanted you all to know that I had a good outcome with Estates in Miniature on eBay.

~Fay in FLA

• 1 month later...

This is my first time on this site, but I couldn't help answering. I have been trying for months to get the instructions and windows for my Bayberry house. I gave my email addy to Dollproperties, and never got an answer to my emails. Yesterday, I got an email from them saying that all doll houses were half price this weekend. I was going to order one to copy the instructions and get an idea what the windows look like so I could figure out how to make them, then hopefully sell the entire kit. While I was making my mind up to do it, the prices doubled. Seems awfully strange to me that you would offer half price within minutes of doubling the prices.

If anyone has a copy of the instructions for the Bayberry, I would sure appreciate them.

Sarah

Hi, Sarah. Welcome!

Wow, this is really crazy. I heard a couple weeks ago that Charles was taking all the kits off the market for "a few years". Now he's selling them with notes that say "1 of the last 5 in the world" with prices so high they're giving me a nose-bleed!

The prices he's got listed are unreal. Two weeks ago he was selling (I'm sorry, I get these 2 house kits mixed up) either the Ashley or the Chelsea on eBay for $18 with free shipping. His eBay name is "estatesinminiature".

I'm glad I got the 2 kits I wanted & escaped, just in time, it seems.

I think I know somebody who recently built a Bayberry. I'll check & let you know. Maybe you can work something out with them for the instructions.

~Fay in FLA

Thanks Fay, this is my first kit, I bought it 8 years ago for $50.00, but my granddaughter was too young for it, so I saved it until now to build. I wish now that I would have at least opened the box and made sure that everything was there.

Sarah

• 1 year later...
:( hi there everyone im new here just joined yesterday i have a sanfranciscan sf555 doll house ,i,ve noticed there are a few pieces missing does anyone know were i can get these from tyvm hagd all :):dog:

Hi Patty,

I am sorry to say that the DuraCraft company is no longer in business. If you have some carpetry knowledge or know someone who does..you could probably get the dimensions from someone on here for the pieces that are missing and make replacements yourself.

What pieces are missing?

:):(:( hi,there heidi,nice to meet ya , :doh: yes i have a dura craft doll house made in 1994 san franciscan sf555 don,t know what to do with it though im missing a few pices of the wood moving window mokding 192" long fram fillet molding 61" and also 130"1/4"x1/4" i,ve tried just about every were to try n find these pieces and can,t seem to find them and im not good at carpently :doh::dog: :o :( tyvm my friend

• 4 weeks later...

Rhonda, I also have a Newberg patiently waiting to be built, we got from greedbay before Dura-Craft bellied up. I figured most of the longframe pieces could be made up in "sandwich" layers or I'll get to play with my little routing table.