my afternoon mini ing with

dollshousegirl

spent a great but tiring afternoon with two 12 year olds making minis, great fun and they both really enjoyed them selves.

we made bead bottles, flower baskets and a friends satchel kits

Victoria had been asking her mum for a while if she could make things for her dollshouse, but her mum had no idea, (she is not crafty) so off I went it being the Easter hols with Sara in tow ! (who has made minis before)

we had a great time, making mini bead bottles, showed them how to make all sorts of bottle from earring bits, findings and beads, we made some to put on a glass tray I brought for them both. Victoria went crazy and made about twenty bottles, Even got her mum making some.

we then had lunch, and went on to making hanging baskets, similar to the ones I made at sleaford mini club, 'cept a half basket on the wall. they were both bemoning the fact that 'oh no! my basket is rubbish, yours is better' etc (incidentailly this is what the ladies were saying at the sleaford club night) !!!!. this was while they had the bare bits, the hanging stalks and the first flowers stuck in, once we go to covering the holes with moss and punched tissue flowers they were both really pleased with them, and they do look good.

we then got on with the satchels, no these were a bit harder for them, but they did every bit themselves, If i tried to do any bits I thought they were struglling with, they weren't having that. 'but I want to do it' they did wonderfully and even made the alphabet book each, we stopped at that and as victora now knows how to make the books, I have left the composition books for her to do on her own.

victoria has two houses of her own, so i had a good look at those, her first little one is a little thatched cottage (properly thatched) so i studied its roof as I am trying to do mine.

she has another larger DHE house, which her dad put together (lighted) and she is slowey collecting nice things to go in it. she was moniong about the day previous when two 6 year olds had come round and messed with everything in the house, don't think she was happy about that. so she and Sara spent some time rearanging the rooms and finding lost babies and dolls

spent a great but tiring afternoon with two 12 year olds making minis, great fun and they both really enjoyed them selves.

we made bead bottles, flower baskets and a friends satchel kits

It sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon! What a great way to spend a day. I'm sure the girls had a terrific time.

Deb

Sounds like you had a fun and productive day. But hey, where are the pictures? My 11 yr old gd minds wanders to much right now to sit and help much, but my 6 yr gd had helped me make several things and wants to help more.

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon... You should put some tutorials up of the things you made I for one are very intersted in learning how to make the mini bead bottles :D:unsure:

Sounds like you had a fun and productive day. But hey, where are the pictures? My 11 yr old gd minds wanders to much right now to sit and help much, but my 6 yr gd had helped me make several things and wants to help more.

I meant to take my camera, but forgot in the rush to get everything I might need in my workbox. It would have made a great picture too.

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon... You should put some tutorials up of the things you made I for one are very intersted in learning how to make the mini bead bottles

It was lots of fun, but I for one was so tired afterwards, don't know about the girls, but i was ready to put my feetup.

I would be hounered to put up tutorials for what we did. I just need to replenish my bead stock with various bits you would all need, so i can take pictures.

I can't wait to see pictures too!! And YES, it can be tiring doing minis with the young ones but it is so fun and then they see THEY can do it and then you have someone to share the joy of minis with.

:D

Thanks for sharing!

Oh, Sally, it sounds like SUCH fun, I got to mini with DGD when she was 12, the ONE time her dad got her for a week & brought her over to see us, we all went bike-riding and she got the San Franciscan to take home. One of my favorite links is www.wannainelpaso.com because she not only recycles but also has mini-ing sessions with her grands!