I bought this house from micheals

asherah

Sherry, you did a fabulous job on that thatching! It looks fantastic! I wouldn't have noticed the chimney was missing if you hadn't said so. Also think the hinges on the door are great - very authentic looking. Thanks so much for the pic! :p

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn I wish I had that stick furniture I made for an Adirondack cabin I did... I made a one room cabin a couple of years ago that I totally forgot about. I just went out in my yard and collected twigs and glued them into beds and tables. Then I wrapped the joints with brown string to look like rope. Of course I don't have that one either anymore :p

Another day I got nothing done. I wanted to stop into Lowes on the way but a wicked storm came up and I just beat it over to Stan's house.

LOL Rosalind...I was thinking of the furniture for Sherry's Snow White House! I don't need stick furniture for my project. I am trying to finish my 1950's shop but I can't seem to finish the last details. I need a motorcycle that doesn't look like 2009! I live in the middle of Harley country but the only toy ones I can find are too modern or the scale is way off....I will keep looking. Don't you like to have characters in your DH? I think it adds so much to the scene! I want to start my big house but the idea of making a house for Halloween out of my last puzzle house is haunting me :p

Actually, the dwarfs had very primitive furniture, but it was made from lumber, not logs. No telling who ran the sawmill, a troll maybe? But it is all very heavily carved, and I'm not even gonna try that! We will have simple tables, stools, and benches.

Aww Sherry you aren't going to sit and carve those nice tables and chairs? :p Kidding...

I made that little Christmas house from the Michaels CD holder...now I wish I had used a puzzle.

Oh well...I want to build my big DH and decorate it for each season and holiday! That is if I EVER get it out of the box and DO something. I keep playing with my puzzles...love these things!

Roxxie, have you tried looking at models? You know, the plastic car kits - they do motorcycles too. I would think you stand a better chance of finding a vintage model in with those kits. They are usually a little small for 1:12 scale, but may be good for the puzzle houses.

(I didn't think you wanted twig furniture for the ice-cream parlour, but I thought you had another project in mind. Other than Sherry's, of course!)

Yes, I do love to have characters for my settings - I can't do much of anything until I know who lives there!

Sherry, what about doing a little folk art painting on the furniture? Just some simple brush strokes ... that might give it an "olde worlde" feel.

A Christmas house would be very cute in one of those houses - which one do you have left?

I still have the one with the long porch, but I think the Orchid might make a good Christmas house. It's under the dresser waiting on me. I know I'd find more stuff to put in one that size.

Oh I can see the Orchid painted red with lots of pretty wreaths and swags tied with red ribbons!

I spent an hour and a half trying to buy sample paint size cans in Lowes this morning. What a struggle! I thought they would copy your paint you bring in but she insisted on hunting through tons of their color samples instead.

I hope I like the color. I am picky! LOL

The UPS man is at my door....I wonder what I ordered? :p

I have this picture in my head of the seven little dwarf beds in a row...seven pairs of dwarf shoes...lol

Hi ho hi ho...

No, I tried making 7 stools and putting their names on them to circle the fireplace. No way to fit 7 of them in there and have room for anything else. Their bedroom is in the part of the house we can't see, unless I think of something else.

Correction-I just ran to Hobby Lobby and think I have something that will work for stools and not take up too much room. I'll let you know if it works!

It has turned out so cute! It needs a bit of parking lot with that motorcycle, and a tall sign, and it will be perfect! Maybe a giant ice cream cone like the one on front, only on a post in the parking lot. that's it, there's no big sign with the name on it! I love it, inside and out!

I got a pitcher and a bowl made for my dwarf house, that's about it until I get a tray to hold the house and can start landscaping.

The pink sign next to the front window says Roxy's on it but its too small and it got lost in the graphic. I think it looks kind of plain...have to think about this but I am too tired and the t- storm is coming back!

What did you make the pitcher and bowl out of? Can I see? LOL

I am not happy with this......its needs something but I am stuck so haven't done anything in days. I want to finish it.

bad picture too!

The windows are too plain O.o Need flower boxes or something, maybe.

Otherwise it looks great! My step-dad would love that old-timey Coke machine :)

Out of fimo, but I'm just not much good with that stuff. I'll take a picture later, I want to put some fruit in the bowl. Today I'm going to try an experiment. I found some great samples of upholstery fabric that i bought to use in my hacienda one day. But one of them would be perfect for a rug in the dwarf house-they probably didn't have rugs, but I need some color in there! So I'm going to try scanning the sample and see if I can print a rug from it. Wish me luck!

You know what you need in front of that little window? Not flowers, they don't fit-you need a newspaper rack! One of those square boxes they use, with a little window so you can see if there are any papers before you put your money in. That shouldn't be hard for you to make, and would look really cool!

Thats a good idea Sherry. I didn't think flower boxes worked either. I stuck pictures in the windows but they are probably too small to see in the pictures. I was thinking of a striped awning or something but I used up all my striped paper that would work perfectly of course. I like the paper box idea...just wonder if they had them back then. I also thought of an old phone booth but couldnt figure out how to engineer that one. I am not that good!

:)

Why can't dwarfs have some kind of grass or rush rug? Wind brown twine into a big circle and make a natural looking mat type rug?

I have some pieces of upholstery fabric that ought to work. I scanned them, reduced them to get the pattern in scale, and printed them off. Now I'm working on Snow White's bed.

I know they had newspaper stands back then, but not sure if they were like the boxes or not. I've got it! What about a trash barrel, with overflowing trash and paper soda cups on the ground around it? Now, that would be realistic! Add a tiny bird picking through the crumbs and it would be perfect!