I bought this house from micheals

asherah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much! I just finished cleaning up and sanding the stucco, so I will be ready to paint the exterior soon as I add the window sills, etc. I guess everyone else has lost interest, but I sure would like to see all the completed houses.

I will be posting pix of my daughter's house as soon as she has is assembled again. She is roofing it flat to stain it. This is her first build, so it is hard to stay in the background sometime! LOL. :p

I got nada done today except reading about this and that and looking at miniatures online. Sorry Sherry I do not know what happened to that picture I tried to upload for you. Its also not on my desktop....hmmmm DH elvs again?

What rug? Did I miss something..not surprising lol Did you crochet or braid it? Cross stitch?

I just got back from my weekly trip to town and couldn't help myself. I bought 4 of those little hutches at Michaels... I couldn't decide which one. I thought I could paint or stain them for my DH. They get a mint for "handpainted" furniture on the internet...heck I can hand paint can't I? I have a hand and paint :)

I am trying to finish my Michaels puzzle project. I saw a ton of cute foam Halloween houses to make but resisted temptation!

Later

Lol, it's a petitpoint rug I started for the farmhouse last fall. I've had it in a bag carrying it around all spring, doing a stitch now and then. I finally decided to get it done so I can try some crochet minis. I have it in the house now, will try and take photos later.

I've been out looking for fake fur to thatch the roof of the dwarf house with no luck. They are all really short furs.

I can put him out on the deck where its hot and see if this speeds things up...awwwww I wouldn't do that to my bestest fur friend!

I am so ticked...I finally decided to buy the little miterbox for $5 at Michaels.......they no longer have it! :)

Sherry, try looking for fake fur clothing items in thrift shops - sometimes you can pick up a good piece at a very reasonable price.

The puzzle houses are marked down to $5.39 here ... so I couldn't help myself ... my hand reached out, plucked them off the shelf and put them in my cart. Then my other hand helped the first to pay for them at the cash desk! :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of these houses - and that rug, too! :birthday:

I found my fur at Hobby Lobby, so I need to get it on the roof and make sure I have enough. With my luck, I'll run two inches short and then find out it's been discontinued! So I will be busy tonite!

LOL Rosalind...I went to Michaels today and managed NOT to buy any more puzzle houses! Instead 4 little hutches jumped into my cart!

Sherry I can't wait to see how you make a fur roof...:)

Another non-mini making day here. I hunted the Dollar Tree tonight for a motorcycle but they were too big and too modern for my "scene".

The roof is done, pretty much! Everyone is gone today, so I got out on the patio and varnished my fur...doesn't that sound funny? It's really not hard to do, a lot quicker than shingling! Now if I get one of these guys around here to make a tray for me, I'll get started on landscaping. No pictures yet, it's still wet so I can't trim around the ears. LOL!

Sherry, I'm very excited to see your roof! I have a few bits of fake fur I've been keeping for some thatched roofs - ever since I saw Debbie's one I've been itching to try it. Any tips for us now that you've done one? Did you take step by step photos? Oh, I hope so! :)

No photos, I just have not been doing many pictures lately. No tips, it's really very easy to do. I think you could probably use varathane just as easily as varnish, which is hard to find anymore.

Well, I screwed up royally! I got the fur on, let it dry and then gave it a layered look haircut, and sat back to admire it....but something was missing! It finally dawned on me that I had forgotten to put the top of the chimney on! So now I have to cut some fur out and glue the chimney on. I guess I was so fired up about trying the thatching that I just forgot!

Anyway, here's a picture of the roof, sans chimney. I see a couple of sprigs I need to trim. I'm not a good hairstylist!

gallery_3692_3334_54527.jpg

I can't believe that's fur! It looks great! Do you spray the poly on it or brush it? I love the front door. How did you do those hinges? The whole affect is really good! :p

I found spray paint primer/sealer in Walmart...its a lot cheaper than paint in a can. I got 2 cans to seal the Farm house walls.

I need a couple more things to finish my shop but can't find the right thing. I will stop at Big Lots and a second hand toy store and see what they have.

This is varnish, although I think poly would do the same thing. I combed it into the fur with a fine toothed comb. That's what makes it separate into strands that look more like straw than fur. The hinges are made of black electric tape doubled to make it stronger, then nailed in place with tiny dollhouse nails...that was fun! The door handle is just a piece of black jeweler's wire bent into shape.

Clever as usual! I tried to paint today but its so rainy and humid nothing is drying. Time to turn on the fan.

I found some white laytex exterior paint I want to prime with instead.

I can't wait to see your chimney and the interior!

I am waiting for the spackle and junk to dry on the chimney, then I can add the chimney pots and see if I can get it on there. Found some cool beads on sale at Joann's to use for the chimney pots.

The interior is pretty plain, but in the movie, they had lots of pretty pots sitting around. I guess that's what they kept their food in. Anyway, I'm looking for beads to make pots out of right now that look more like pottery than glass. May end up making some fimo ones. also trying to decide on furniture. Most of the stuff in the furniture kit is too modern, so I may be making that too!