How do you keep track of all the ideas you want to try

avidcrazyquilter

I, too, bookmark websites in My Favorites. I have a folder in My Pictures for each house, and in each folder are subfolders for Inspiration, Construction, Final Photos, etc. I don't do well with paper notes.

My next project is to empty all of the drawers and bins holding furniture, fabric, wallpaper, etc., and sort it into a separate bin, drawer or tub for each house. I see things I'd like for a particular house but can never remember if I already have it. I've promised myself I'll do this as soon as the White Orchid is finished. My gift certificate from HBS is burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm reluctant to order for fear I'll be duplicating something I already have.

I keep all of mine on my computer....mind you, I back it up frequently...I have folders for everything I have built or have in boxes waiting for builds...then I have an "Ideas" folder where I separate ideas into folders such as art, specific rooms, how to's are separated by subject, architectural styles have their own folder, landscaping, lighting, items I want to build but don't currently have and a multitude of other folders and as if that weren't enough...I have a miscellaneous folder that gets the stuff that won't really fit in any of the other folders (at least until I collect enough ideas to make a separate folder)....I scan my mini mags as well because it's too hard to find something in them when you need it....all in all I have uhhhhhhhh....about 100 folders....hmmmm.....too organized????? or something else????? :groucho:

Elicia

sunny in South Carolina

I have so much STUFF crammed into my tiny RL house that I just can't bear the thought of adding paper to it, so all my ideas remain in the computer. I've got my web Favorites subdivided into "Stores," "Tutorials," "Printies," and a few others for some specific time periods and ideas. My Dollhouse folders on the computer contain pics of things I've found that I want to use in the future, and I'll cut & paste things into Word documents to save there also. No paper - but I have to be sure to back this stuff up now & then just in case, because I'd sure hate to lose it all.

I have a folder in my favorites for tutorials and websites and such.

I have a tabbed notebook for ideas - like house and store names, color combos, little tips, room contents ideas, house stories, what house would be good for different eras.

It was fast and easy to set up and it only takes a minute to jot stuff down.