Mckinley: Photos?

KellyC

Here are the links to the blogs we did on the Mckinley.

I have to hook up my old computer to download the pictures so I can update my blog for this house. I also built one about three years ago. Here is the link to that one 91051614KolVUv_th.jpg

Hope this helps!

Hey!! Welcome to the forum!! I see you are new and this is your first post! Tell us more about yourself!

Ah ha! I get it now... the front door is on the "side"!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to view the Mckinley photos. They are all so very,very lovely and unique. I'm curious about the one with the stone finish...how does one achieve that look?

It's been years and years since I've done any dollhouses. But the other day I somehow ran across a dollhouse website and the photos really brought back some fun memories. So I thought I'd try my hands at it again. To get reacquainted, I planned on starting small with Corona's Primose and then the Laurel. But I ended up finding a very dusty (Duracraft) Newburg kit in the attic. So I dove right in and so far, so good!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums Kelly C! I love the newbrug house! and im very excited to see what you come up with for it! I wish you the best of luck :lol:

-Jenny

• 2 months later...

I have started the album for my McKinley, I have a lot more pictures but for some reason it stopped loading on me, so I'll continue later. There are some how-tos in this one, including a bead curtain.

I finished loading the pictures I have so far, they include the exterior treatments I'm using on the front.

I still have to finish "bricking" the second floor front over the front door. The tower is "stoned".

I also still have to make curtains (if she wants them), towel racks in the bathroom (if she wants them) and then finish the kitchen, the exterior rear and the roof, then the foundation & the drawer.

Holly: Your house is looking so good. I really like your fireplace and chimney, and you have a talent for using those seashells. Has DDIL bought any furniture yet? If so when she gets it all decorated, do you think you could get us a picture? Your chimney breast from what I can tell from the pic has sort of a marbled look. I must start playing with mixing paints, cause I really like the color of the chimney.

well Holly I do believe you are on your way to another great house!

the pictures show wonderful things happening!

looking forward to seeing more!

nutti :)

Mini thanks, I think I enjoy decorating almost as much as building.

when she gets it all decorated, do you think you could get us a picture?
For sure, SHE has a digital camera & knows how to use it :):D

Your chimney breast from what I can tell from the pic has sort of a marbled look. I must start playing with mixing paints, cause I really like the color of the chimney.

I gave the how-to on "marbling" with the picture, it's a lot of fun & there are different methods depending on the "look" you want.

Wow, I haven't been here months (got tied up!) :D I'm still working on the finishing touches of my Newburg. If I can't get my digital camera fixed by the time I am done, I will buy a disposable camera to post pics ASAP.

Thanks for the McKinley pictures...they are incredible!

P.S.

I'm super happy right now because I just got my American Idol concert tickets! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

<puff, pant>

I have just finished loading the last of the pictures of the completed McKinley in my album of that name, I used some of the furniture I've made (& a couple of bought kitchen appliances) to "dress" it for the album, but the only thing the new owner is getting other than the house is the hall rug, the bathmat and the caladium plant, since she wants to collect her own furnishings, etc, for it.

I posed my last batch of dolls in the "undressed" McKinley, they're in the doll album.

Another great job Holly and thanks also for the mini tutorials. I'm glad to see the dogs have been helpful in showing off your house. But we really are going to have to teach you to use your digital camera, so I can ask for more close ups of the things that really interest me and I can't see well in the pics. LOL

we really are going to have to teach you to use your digital camera

:rolleyes: rotflmbo & hurting myself in the process <_< , WHAT digital camera, you mean the one DH got on spec years ago & still can't figure out how to use (he's the engineer in the family)? I've begun to nag him to get the Minolta SLR cleaned & I'll hunt up a macro lens! :):D

I love it Holly!! You do such great work and it's a wonderful way to welcome a new daughter to the family.

you mean the one DH got on spec years ago & still can't figure out how to use (he's the engineer in the family)?

<whispering> Most digital cameras have an SD card in them. If you take the card out and take it to walmart, they'll put the photos on cd for you just like they do from your film camera. All you'd have to learn how to do with the digi cam is put in the batteries, point and click.

Deb

:rolleyes: rotflmbo & hurting myself in the process <_< , WHAT digital camera, you mean the one DH got on spec years ago & still can't figure out how to use (he's the engineer in the family)? I've begun to nag him to get the Minolta SLR cleaned & I'll hunt up a macro lens! :):p

Well, at least I'm glad I gave you a good laugh :D But, yes, the one you got on special. Take it to your son's house with you and let him teach you how to use it. (He would probably love to show Pop how) :p B) You know you don't have to use all the features on one.

Enjoy your trip and take pictures with your Minolta so we can share in the enjoyment of your gift giving.

I'm incorrigible... Actually right after he got it & DS#2 was here DH spent his entire visit trying to get the kid to show him how to use it, and our techie guru said, Get one with (a laundry list of things neither of us knows anything about). I'll stay with my little disposable point-&-shoot for the trip, getting the Minolta cleaned will take close to a month in the shop IF that's the only thing it needs.