Rubber chicken!

Deb

No, seriously, this really is a mini topic. Stop giggling, I'm serious. I found a mini rubber chicken! I was wandering thru the grocery store and there it was hanging from a keychain, all plucked and goose-bumpy and rubbery. I was happy dancing in the aisle. (which is different from the dancing to the overhead music I normally do which is why I shop at midnight but that's probably more information than you wanted to know)

So, what am I going to do with a mini rubber chicken, you ask? <wicked cackling> I'll tell you! I'm going to hide it in the Lily for my friend. She likes rubber chickens. (don't ask) I'll tuck it away somewhere in the attic so she won't find it till she gets home and starts setting up house. With any luck, one of her granddaughters will find it and ask Gramma why there's a chicken in her doll house.

<rolling on the floor in hysterics>

Anyway, the whole point of this (there was a point???), is that it's amazing where one can find minis without expecting them. You can be reaching for a jar of picante sauce and suddenly you're dancing around with a mini rubber chicken! It's no wonder we love minis so much.

Deb

AH HA!! I am not the only one who goes shopping in the wee small hours for 'unusual' reasons!!

:huh: Can't say that I dance to the overhead music tho. :D

A mini rubber chicken, eh? Well, do tell.

I must investigate this further. It's obviously a plot to overthrow the government somehow..... :D

I shall have to don my ninja suit and stealthily go to the store...everyone knows that all grocery stores hold the secrets of the universe... :D 'specially WalMart!!

doe wanders off down the cereal/pop tart aisle talking to herself

**mumble, mumble** snaps to attention when the survellience cam swings her way **hmmm, mumble, mumble**

**scratches her head and sneaks off toward the electronics section.....**

I ALWAYS thought it would be fascinating to go to the grocery store in a Godzilla suit, jst to see peoples' reactions. You know, just go in totally straight and do some shopping.

I ALWAYS thought it would be fascinating to go to the grocery store in a Godzilla suit, jst to see peoples' reactions. You know, just go in totally straight and do some shopping.

And a Gozilla mask too, right :D

Susanne

Stop giggling, I'm serious. I found a mini rubber chicken!

I should have guessed that Deb would be the other person to buy one.

One of the stationery stores here had rubber chickens (no key ring) that were perfectly 1:12, so of course I had to have one. Sometimes it goes in Miles and Theo's kitchen.

Holly you need one of these, and have a little person holding it in the front yard of your S. GA house wringing its neck, so it can be cooked up for supper. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deb, That is just way to funny!! You should turn a cottage into a meat shop and have several rubber chickens hanging from the ceiling :lol: Peggi I love your ideas as well had me laughing soo hard the dog was giving me strange looks :D

**scratches her head and sneaks off toward the electronics section.....**

Hey Doe!! Wait!! <tossing a screwdriver, a roll of duct tape and a weed-eater to you> Don't forget these! <waving bye> Have fun dear.

Deb, that rubber chicken almost begs for a set of the Marx Brothers!

Bruce saw a mini Venus Flytrap the other day and I came soooooooooooo close to buying it but I knew if I did, I'd have to build a Little Shop of Horrors around it. I really would like to do that some day, but with the line of houses already waiting to be built, the Venus Flytrap would take over the world before I got around to it.

I should have guessed that Deb would be the other person to buy one.

One of the stationery stores here had rubber chickens (no key ring) that were perfectly 1:12, so of course I had to have one. Sometimes it goes in Miles and Theo's kitchen.

A-ha!!!! I knew there'd be at least one other person here who had a mini rubber chicken! <gleeful giggling> Sooooooooo............what does it do when it hangs out in Miles and Theo's kitchen?

Holly you need one of these, and have a little person holding it in the front yard of your S. GA house wringing its neck, so it can be cooked up for supper. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

heheheheeheeheeee <gasp, snerkle> heheheheee Too funny!

Deb

And a Gozilla mask too, right :D

Susanne

Well that goes without saying. The full costume, have to be like the old original one though. It HAS to look like a suit. You want people to say, hey, there's some guy wearing a Godzilla suit. As of yet I have not been able to find one, and don't think I haven't looked. :lol:

a little person holding it in the front yard of your S. GA house wringing its neck, so it can be cooked up for supper.

Peggi, honey, the rubber chicken Deb & Wende are discussing is already plucked; my experience with S GA poultry prep begins with a LIVE chicken, which still has all its feathers, and if you don't get a firm grip on those nasty little feet they'll claw the meat off your arms while you're wringing their necks!

Peggi, honey, the rubber chicken Deb & Wende are discussing is already plucked; my experience with S GA poultry prep begins with a LIVE chicken, which still has all its feathers, and if you don't get a firm grip on those nasty little feet they'll claw the meat off your arms while you're wringing their necks!

Very true, but the wild dogs could have been chasing it and pulled its feather out for you. hahaha Saving some time in the kitchen. LOL

Your also right, chickens and roosters can be very vicious.

So, there I was, just wandering thru the grocery store (does any of this sound familiar?)

Same store but this time, when I glanced to my right, I didn't see a mini rubber chicken. This time I saw a mini rubber rat! And my first thought was, "It's Herbie!! He just looks like a Herbie. And he's the perfect pet for my renegade Emerald Fairy!" (we all know what her attitude is like, so a rat is the perfect pet for her)

Ain't he jes' the cutest thing! <cackle>

Deb

Hmmm, mini rubber rats in a GROCERY store? I know one area store I still won't shop in under new ownership or any other considerations because the last time I was in there (almost ten years ago) I saw a couple of rats running around in the produce.

Our grocers don't carry mini rubber chickens, either.