Thank goodness that weeks over

glen

Above about says it all. Finally finished and apparently passed my exams this Wednesday. And at my age, after not doing exams for 25 years, that’s a major.

And the weekend consisted of three under 2 birthday parties with the last being my baby girls. I'm exhausted. After most had left two little girls begged to be allowed to play with babies Dollhouse. They thought it was great.

But their mother got quite dirty when I made it very clear their son, who at that stage had already thrown two pieces of furniture around and had climbed halfway into the bottom story, was to stay right away from it.

People are funny. :)

Cheers

Glen

Congrats on the exams Glen! <tossing confetti> It takes a special kind of fortitude to take on something like that after a 25 year spring break, so you get special bonus points for that alone! Good for you!

Three parties for two year olds in one weekend? <sliding a bottle of bourbon and a shot glass your way> Here. You might need some aspirin too. I'm sure there are things I'd like to do less than three two year old parties, but right off hand, I can't think of what they would be. You're a braver soul than I am. :)

The child was crawling *in* the house? And his mother thought this was acceptable???? I've had locked both her and the child in the backyard!

Deb

uuugggg some parents have no idea that teaching a child good manners and respect starts from infancy.

we have been teaching our little Grandaughter "easy" and "be nice" since the first time we introduced her to our dog. he is very nervous around small children due to one of my friends who thinks saying no to a small child is harmful to it. unfortunatly for my poor pup. he tries to be nice to the kids but he has low tolerance for pinching and pulling.

we also show her "pretties" which are not the same as toys.

she loves the dollhouses...some of which are in her reach...she looks at them longinly but does not touch

pointing and saying "peeettie"

when she is 2 her nanie will build her a dollhouse to play with.

but for now they are off limits. and she is fine with it...as are her parents.

wish I could say the same for other small children who come to my home. and their parents who cant comprehend that these are my "toys" and NOT childrens playthings!

rofl

nutti :lol:

Glen, have a double on that...come to think of it, Deb, you might want to make that bourbon into a mint julep! :p My goodness, TWO 2 yr old birthday parties! :lol: What fortitude! I remember Amanda's 6th--and her little cousin who was the 'same' age screamed the entire time! :lol:

You were alot more patient than I..and I agree with Nutti. You have to work with children from the time they are very, very young. I make no bones about it--hands off! When you grow up, you can have one! ;) :lol:

Congrats on passing your exams! I remember going through classes and after being in class all night, coming home to about 4-5 hours more of homework~ :( (I had a sadistic instructor! :lol: )

Take a long rest and go play with the dollhouses! You've earned it! :lol:

Glen -

Congratulations on passing your exams. What great news. Must be a tremendous relief to you. I'll bet your little girl enjoyed her birthday party. And now the good news, it'll be another year before you have to host another birthday party for her! LOL :lol:

My granddaughter, Shalean, turns 8 on Wednesday. I just got back from a shopping trip for her birthday.

Susanne

Yes well ... I went on vacation for a week and came back to having less than 24 hours to produce my son's immunization records or he would be expelled from school tomorrow. I have been ready to do bodily harm to people all day. I had to get the records from several counties over, and I spent all day doing it and have created all kinds of havoc within the school board over their handling of this matter.

Thanks guys.

It's disappointing when baby is ssssoooo careful with the dollhouse that she can't share it with her friends because they might wreck it. Think I'll have to make another more robust house she can set up with more bullet proof rails, doors, windows etc. No reason why it shouldn't still look cool. It just wouldn't be quite so refined.

In fact, thinking about it, has anyone some pictures of a simple, robust house they've made for ideas?

Cheers

Glen

PS have lifted the family room chandeliers higher and put in a hook so the stairway chandelier can be hooked right up out of the way.

Congratulations Glen on passing your exams and your patience with kids.

I found that some kids no matter what age can be destructive because they just don't know how to be gentle with anything. LOL We have two nephews that while growing up I can't count the toys they broke of my daughters, not being malicious, just rough. (Of course, even as grown men I still think they could take a German tank apart in an hour). Both or in construction which at least means they have learned how to repair what they damage :lol:

Don't wire the next one and reinforce with staples.

Glen, if I have time today I will post some pictures of the dollhouse that was made for me by my dad, and that Amanda plays with today. Though it is a little crude(windows too big, door too tall, --they are just 'holes' cut into the front--) this house is STURDY. I defy anyone, including Henry, who is the fourth cat to play or sit in it, to destroy it. It is rather large, and was built for me when I was nine, so the house is about 31 years old. I repainted it about a few years ago, and reshingled it, but Amanda chose the colors. It might get a refurbish again. Anyhow, the house was also put on caster wheels by my dad so I could roll it from my room, to the den, or where ever I wished to play, so I wouldn't be stuck in my room all of the time. I will take some pics of it and tell you which webshots album they are in. This house also has a closet and a set of stairs, it has been re-furbished about four times now.

Glen, I posted a couple of pics in one of my webshots albums. The house is till in use today. Forgive the mess in it--it belongs to a 10 year old who re-arranges quite often!lol! Look in the album marked Amanda's dollhouses.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lisan204

The two pics are on the end of the one my dad made me, and is now hers. The other larger house is a Rutherford that my mother gave her.

Thanks guys.

It's disappointing when baby is ssssoooo careful with the dollhouse that she can't share it with her friends because they might wreck it. Think I'll have to make another more robust house she can set up with more bullet proof rails, doors, windows etc. No reason why it shouldn't still look cool. It just wouldn't be quite so refined.

In fact, thinking about it, has anyone some pictures of a simple, robust house they've made for ideas?

Cheers

Glen

PS have lifted the family room chandeliers higher and put in a hook so the stairway chandelier can be hooked right up out of the way.

Glen, I would have done the same thing about the little boy. Its your stuff you have the right to protect it. Anyway, I haven't made a dollhouse from scratch, but I have found plans on the net.

http://wayneofthewoods.com/dollhouse%20plans.html

This site has plans for sale

http://www.u-bild.com/projects-childrens/index.htm

There is also a book that I can't remember the name of. I think it is How to Build a Dollhouse out of One Sheet of Plywood. Maybe someone else knows the name.

By Subject > Crafts > Woodworking

Build Your Own Inexpensive Dollhouse

E. J. Tangerman

Our Price $5.95

Availability: In Stock

Format: Book

ISBN: 0486234932

Page Count: 48

Dimensions: 8 1/4 x 11

Anyone can build a dollhouse using just six basic tools (folding rule, square, saber saw, rasp, sander, and hammer) plus a single sheet of plywood. Easy-to-follow instructioins and tips, plus over 40 diagrams and photographs.

I think this is the info you're referring to.