Dudley

Missymew

Thursday I took my 16-year old tomcat (neutered) to the groomers. He's a tuxedo cat and has always preferred cleaning his white parts ... doesn't do the black fur ... nadda ... nope. I bathe and groom him occasionally, but with age he's started getting matted.

The groomer shaved and bathed him. He looks so cute (feels like a sphynx cat). She just left the fur as is on his head (tapered it down to his neckline), tail and feet.

Since it's still winter here (huge dump of snow last night and early this morning), I bought him a pink sweater (to match his pink nose). He rather fancies himself in the sweater.

The groomer couldn't believe how good he was to work with. Just laid on the table while I held him for her. Near the end of the shaving he even dozed off. The "shampoo" lady was going to leash him in the tub, but I told her that it wasn't necessary. He just sat there while she bathed him. I told her that I bathe him all the time at home, but I usually climb in with him. :angry: I declined to show her how I did it ... told her that their tub was too high for me to climb into!

Anyway, I took a photo of Dudley wearing his pink sweater ... using it as my avatar.

Susanne

Aaawwww. What a sweetheart! It's amazing that he'll wear a sweater......or take a bath willingly. If I tried either one of those things on Napoleon, I'd need stitches.

Deb

Aaawwww. What a sweetheart! It's amazing that he'll wear a sweater......or take a bath willingly. If I tried either one of those things on Napoleon, I'd need stitches.

Deb

Man if I tried that with any of my 3 cats I would need more than sticthes probably life support! :angry:

SuzyQ

Dougal's pretty sedate too, though he keeps himself pretty well bathed. Thankfully (he's a long haired cat) he absolutely LOVES being brushed, especially the wire slicker, so he stays mat free for the most part. He doesn't even mind having his front claws trimmed, he seems to know they get caught on things when they get long, and so lets me trim them, better for running around with the kittens I guess.

Dougal's pretty sedate too, though he keeps himself pretty well bathed. Thankfully (he's a long haired cat) he absolutely LOVES being brushed, especially the wire slicker, so he stays mat free for the most part. He doesn't even mind having his front claws trimmed, he seems to know they get caught on things when they get long, and so lets me trim them, better for running around with the kittens I guess.

I LOVE the "baby dooooogle"! HE's a love muffin!

I told her that I bathe him all the time at home, but I usually climb in with him. I declined to show her how I did it ... told her that their tub was too high for me to climb into!

Susanne, that would be something to see!!! :D

I love the pink sweater! It looks so cozy! :D