Building my front opening shoppe!

ilovecats

I'm pretty excited, i popped open the box and i have the shell glued together. i still need to work on the front panel. I got side tracked by digging thru all my minis in the basement.

I sorted enough furniture to decorate the Granville and the Beacon Hill. I am so bummed, i saw the sink for the BH but left it packed up....not sure if i feel up to digging thru all of those boxes again. I'm taking a lunch/cup of tea break then i'm getting back to working on the front opening shoppe. i figure i can decorate the other two houses on and off over my next days off. It bums me out how much of my furniture has little pieces broken off and i'll have to glue it back together. Just received my new bed for the Foxhall and it already has a leg broken off and the whole top panel needs to be re-glued. Same with a bed that i just unpacked from it's original box (putting that bedroom set in the Granville)...many other pieces that need a leg glued on here and there.

The front opening shoppe will be a dollhouse store. maybe even a hobby/dollhouse store depending on how things go as i decorate it. :p

Marg, is your furniture Bespaq? I've heard that's a common problem because it's so fragile.

Hi Holly, yes the bed that arrived today is Bespaq. I have several other Bespaq/hansson pieces that need to be repaired. They are VERY fragile. Most of my stuff that needs to be repaired is not Bespaq however. It's just all very fragile really.

I'm really bummed. I was going thru boxes in the basement earlier today. I dropped a box that had a porcelain bathroom set and the commode fell out and shattered. I don't think it's repairable really...when I say shattered, some of it was powder and slivers too small to save. Luckily it was an inexpensive set and I wasn't in love with it. Still bums me out tho.

The shoppe is very far along. all pieces that needed to be glued together have been sanded and glued. All interior shelving etc has been sanded and is ready for stain. I may work on that tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...