Peak Measurements

heidiiiii

I have gotten off lucky so far with this DH. But now my ignorance is showing. I should have paid better attention in Algebra class.

I cant figure out how to measure and cut the clapboard to fit in the eave on the side of the house.

(I have a pic of it in the gallery). I am going to try my darndest but dont want to waste precious plywood clapboard.

Anyone have a 5 yr old child`s version of how I can measure to make it fit?

Algebra? I can't even multiply and divide - I do what they said - I lay a piece of paper down and crease it to mark then cut it and double check that it fits and that becomes my pattern - I do that for cutting the gable angles for shingles too.

-David

Thankies! I went down and got my tape measure out of the sewing box. I made a template with computer paper. Sometimes you need somebody to kickstart the brain!

Dh is telling me I can be a real homebuilder now..LOL

He is asking me where the plumbing is? LOL Dont go there!

You can make neat-o plumbing fixtures out of polymer clay :D

Oh see you got me thinking now...

A spout outside for my mini gardener.

Piping on the wall next to the claw footed tub.

From the (extremely) limited and cutoff pictures of the gables/peaks in the gallery it looks like the gable peak is 90 degrees, hence you would need to cut the siding at 45 degrees. However that is the product of a helluva lot of extrapolation. There are no end on shots of the whole gable. If you had a dead on shot of the gable it would be easier to figure out.

And algebra wouldn't help, this is all geometry.

<nodding in agreement about the paper templates> That's what works best for me. I just bashed picture windows in place of two bays and the wood sections I made to fill in the space on all four sides fit perfectly. (and I didn't use a ruler at all) :D

I don't speak algebra (or geometry) either. When the class started off with the teacher saying "Pi R square", I snorted and said that any fool knows that pie are round. It kinda went downhill from there. <cackle>

Deb

A spout outside for my mini gardener.

If you can find a smallish length of fairly heavy wire in green or black plastic insulation & remove the wire you have a garden hose, you can make the fittings from clay or aluminum foil. Coffee stirrer straws (especially nice for wall-mounted flush tanks for wcs) and other straws sprayed chrome make nice interior pipes, too.

See I told you! Nat came home with a new math problem: Pi! I just smiled and shook my head at her, just like in algebra class. Never made it to geometry. :D Remember when people say " When am I ever going to need to use this stuff in the real world?" Who would have ever thought it would be a dollhouse!

I wrote down the garden hose instructions. Thanks

Deb, you are hilarious!!!! Thanks for the laugh first thing this morning.

If that teacher had your sense of humor, I'd have done lots better in that class. :D

<giggling> He gave a tough assignment in class one day and wrote: "THINK" on the blackboard, then stepped out of the room. I went up to the board and wrote "or thwim" under it.

Spent a week cleaning blackboards after school for that one.

Deb

<giggling> He gave a tough assignment in class one day and wrote: "THINK" on the blackboard, then stepped out of the room. I went up to the board and wrote "or thwim" under it.

Groan...................... :D

For some reason makes me think (not thwim) of that old one:

Time flies like the wind

Fruit flies like bananas.