Gotta Getta Geta

Deb

Deb, I got my April DHM and there is part 2 of a series of articles on making a mini Japanese garden, also aking "Airborne" caps into lacquered tables.

<huge grin> Yeah, I've been using both parts of that article to plan the landscaping. Isn't it fabulous!! I even ordered some scenic water and some koi to try my hand at a pond and stream. And the tip that coffee grounds to make mini dirt was great! I'd never have thought of that.

So, I was up in the kitchen dumping coffee grounds out on paper towel to dry and thought, "wonder what tea leaves would do" and boiled up some of those. They make a nice addition to the coffee grounds for texture! About that time Bruce wandered in, watched me for a minute and then got that look of "Just smile, nod and avoid direct eye contact" on his face. heheheheheheee I smiled and chirped, "I'm making dirt!". He picked up the cat and said they'd be in the den locking up the guns. <cackle>

Anyway, before I got sidetracked, I was going to say that the first issue with the asian ideas came out a couple of weeks after I started planning the japanese house. I hadn't been planning on doing much landscaping till I saw all the great ideas there and then it really took off. I'm almost as excited about doing the landscaping as I am about the house!

Isn't this just the greatest hobby ever!! :D

Deb

Isn't this just the greatest hobby ever!!

!!YES!!

post-9-1142580514.gifpost-9-1142580514.gifpost-9-1142580514.gif

you sound just like I felt when I was doing the Haunted house! it was truely a work from the heart!

Im soo looking forward to your photos!

nutti :D

you sound just like I felt when I was doing the Haunted house! it was truely a work from the heart!

Oh Nutti, you're exactly right! That's truly what it is! I've loved every one of my houses, but this one is coming straight from the heart. It's such a genuine *joy* to me. I'm so glad you understand!

Im soo looking forward to your photos!

I've got tons of pics of what I've done so far and I'll get them in my blog in the next day or so when I finish editing them. But if you hang on for a minute, I'll be right back. <giggling> I've got the house in dry fit and with the new furniture and the minis I've been making, well, to be honest, I've spend the last two evenings playing with it instead of working on building. I'll take it out of dry fit this weekend and start the actual building process. But I'll run back and grab some quick pics now. Hang on.

<pause>

I'm back. Here's what the "Samurai Summer House" (coventry cottage) looks like in dry fit with some of the furnishings and the tatami flooring in it.

The first floor.........dining area and living area:

post-329-1142586344_thumb.jpg

post-329-1142586375_thumb.jpg

And the loft/sleeping area. <giggling> I actually have mini japanese houses in my mini japanese house. Look on the top of the chest for the mini pagodas.

post-329-1142586465_thumb.jpg

post-329-1142586967_thumb.jpg

Deb

!!!I Love it!!!

perhaps just a good staining for the inside.

the natural wood really makes all your goodies pop out and say HEY

love the windows! gawd ya got some vision and ingenuity!

it is gonna be perfect!

more soon please!

nutti :D

Thanks guys! I'm really excited about this house. (not that you'd notice it or anything) :D I'd like to just stain the interior walls, but with the bashing on it, I need to cover the seams and the filled holes. I'm going to play around with some wall coverings and see what looks best. I have an awesome paper that is a light ivory with a sort of bamboo texturing that will probably work and give a "rice paper" illusion, but I'm going to try some ideas with paneling first. And I still have the rice paper doors to go in. But I'm going to stain as much of the wood as possible with a natural tone and lightly varnish it. I love the look of the windows just as they are now.

Deb

Deb (while staring in awe, mouth dropped open and jaw just hanging) Beautiful Job!!!!!! All of your accessories are great and the fantastic job you did bashing is inspiring.

Peggi

<giggling> It occured to me tonight that if I'd quit playing with it, I could get it out of the dry fit and actually start building it. :angry:

Deb

Deb

Those windows are perfect! I've seen some photos of a Japanese house and wow - the interior looks Just like yours!! Bang on target! Awesome! :angry: Super photos heheh Now see what you did you got me all excited about building again! Guess that means I have to get working ;)

<hugs>

David