1910, Greensburg,PA

grazhina

I've finished posting bits from the Greensburg Daily Tribune, Dec 7,1910 issue. Stories include one about 2 female con artists in New York City who ran a scam concerning a silk garter and an orange, and a girl from Boston,MA, who was planning a "long jaunt".

Next I'll be doing the few pages I have from the Dec7.1910 issue of the Pittsburgh Dispatch.

I think I have a 1950's Philadelphia Evening Bulletin around here somewhere too.......

"Thimble Theater" was always my favorite! Mini years ago a posh seafood restaurant opened up in Jacksonville, FL, on the south banks of the St John's River, & both DH & I agreed it looked like a building out of Sweethaven!

I have a first aid kit from the Red Cross Co. from 1906, my only real antique. It's a wooden box that hangs on the wall. It has a book inside in very good condition of emergency instructions with all the ways to treat injuries. One of them for gunshot says "Little can be done except to keep in mind the position of the body or wounded parts and the direction from which the shot came in order to aid the physician in his search for the missle." Wouldn't that be reassuring? They used a lot of hot water with whiskey or brandy when they didn't know what else to do. It even has an order form for supplies. I love all this old stuff. :(