DIY

CatColorado

Please pick a theme  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick a theme

• Gnomes, Fairies, Elves, and Trolls(and their homes)
    • Decorative painting
    • Designing dollhouse doll clothing
    • Things from beads
    • Jewelry, and things from wire

These are just initial ideas that people have indicated they would like to know more about. This will help me develop a series of lesson plans that will cater to this community. Thanks for voting :blink:

I'm not really interested in the fantasy figures except for whimsy (like mini yard art), and I already work in the other areas, but one can always learn more; unfortunately it only let me vote for one, so I picked the one I've done the least (I destroyed a doll's earlobe trying to hang a wee "earring" in it)

I love fairies and trolls, and elves, and anything to do with beads--like nutti i would love to learn to make lamps and chandeliers........I would like to put a beaded chandelier that doesn't light in my sugarplum, since the ceilings are so low. But my passion is painting, and the things decoratively you can do with paint.

I'll make sure to add a lamp/chandelier component to the bead section. Also, if you know anyone who hasn't voted but would like to participate, the poll will close June 6th. I know that seems a long time, but I don't want to start without Linda. Also we have a tie between Fairies and Decorative painting, so it would be nice to have a clear winner to start with.

Are you looking for DIY's on decorative faux painting? Maybe I can be of some help, I have loads of info on decorative painting techniques, so if you need help , just holler....I did a story on the ATM magazine for terms and techniques of faux finishing.........I was going to do a diy on the techniques and how to do them, let me look in my files sometime today....

I have had so much to do lately, so just be a little patient with me-- :D:blink:

You don't have to do that Lisa. I'm still getting a feel for what I will be doing with the DIY, but if I get stuck I'll be sure to ask the community for help. :blink:

I like jewelry and things from wire -- like how to make "wrought iron" grille work for my Spanish revival / Art Deco Thornhill.

:blink:

Oh, well, if we're listing DIY tutorial subjects not on the poll list, I'm all for one on roundwire electrification, maybe sculpting mini pets for the mini people, clay food (LISA!), window treatments & bedlinens, seating hinges so they'll WORK...

Ya know, I did ask for ideas. :blink: I think it would be great if Judith could do a round wire demo and for Lisa to do one on food. I can do window treatments/bed linens but it may be better to ask Wendelaine if she would like to do that. She does such nice work.

I'll see what I can come up with in regards to the grill work, that is something I am interested in as well. I was thinking polymer, but since it can be brittle it might be better to wrestle with the wire.

What kind of pets would little people like?

I found some tiny little plastic birds (wedding shower favors?) in a dollar store off the beaten path & bought a few (not nearly enough!). I painted one of them and glued it onto a perch I made for DS' roombox, used a filigree bead cap for a seed dish.

Oh Dear, ... I think I may have written something wrong about my round wiring. I was going to try it but I have not done it yet. I have heard that it is a very reliable method of wiring and we know that I am not impressed with my tape wiring ability-- to say the least!

Sorry about the confusion.

:unsure:

Judith, I agree that round wire is more reliable. I tried tape wire 4 times and ALWAYS had problems. I have done 5 projects with round wire and it is simple. Yeah, I had to take out the solder iron but other than that tool, everything went smooth and I have not had any solder iron nightmares (yet) :o .

There are a lot of people who do tape wire VERY successfully. I "ain't" one of them :unsure: B)

B) I have some tape wire, and have not tried it yet. I'm not too mechanically inclined! :o Hubby had said he would do some wiring for me, which is good. I am better with the car, since it has a key, gas and a great stereo! :unsure:

I am still wrestling with the directions on tape wire........

Yoo-hoo! has someone volunteered me for food???? B) I was talking decorative painting.........whatever tips or stuff you need, holler and I will look through my files.