Gingerbread House

Lisa_F

Okay, here's a couple photo's of the gingerbread house I'm making out of the Sweet Heart dollhouse kit.

It's not much to look at (yet) - this is the first house I've worked on in years ;) So far I have the floors stained, the stairs in and the walls wallpapered and painted. I used scrapbook paper for the wallpaper - and started off using a spray adhesive - but that seemed to hold the wallpaper for a day and then dried up and the paper started peeling :blink: Since the house was mostly put together at this point, I just used double sided sticky squares (for scrapbooking) to stick the paper back on.

The roof is primed and eventually I plan to use some kind of snow effect paint on the whole roof - once I find or make the little candies to stick onto the roof.

Anyhow, this is my practice house - to get back into the swing of things before starting the Westville dollhouse kit for my neice.

Thanks for looking, I hope I attached the pictures right!

Lisa

Your house is comming along great. I too cant wait to see it with all the candies all over it. The cholcate base and marshmollow roof looks so very tempting now. I too have that house somewhere in my pile of houses :blink:

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :blink: I was a little hesitant to post the pictures because my little house is very amaturish (sp?) compared to all of the houses in the gallery here. But I figured, what the heck, if I show this house now - you all will be able to see my improvement on future houses! ;)

I'm going for a Christmas theme (although now that you mention a hansel & gretel theme - that is tempting!). Eventully there will be a decorated tree in the living room and gingerbread cookies baking in the kitchen. Haven't gotten inspired for the upstairs decor yet. I have a little fireplace that I was planning to put into the living room, but now that the house is built - the living room seems kinda small to accomodate one.

I found lots of cute dollhouse furniture at our local dollar tree store that I think will go perfectly in this house. The furniture, I don't think some of it is 1" scale - I think it's a bit smaller than that - but not by much - but for this house the smaller stuff will work well. I have to paint the furniture first though - I didn't much care for the colors it all came in.

I have an Ashley house kit that I am planning to make into a Santa's workshop - providing I can find some little elf dolls to put to work inside that one!

Thanks again everyone!

Lisa