Steps to just starting

chloe

I am getting in a Houseworks store (roombox) and I know when it arrives I'll need to start sanding it.What grits do I use(what are the steps in sanding)? And what do I do after sanding? Do I begin gluing and then wiring? I am SO glad to find this site. Any help will be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

Welcome Chloe, I have not built this one yet, every time I have seen it for sale, it was already assembled. I say used the grit grain that it states on the directions.

I always sand anything that I am not going to cover with wallpaper or clay. I use hardwire and do this during the build so I can hide the wires better. Which method of electrifying are you gonna use (Tape wire or round wire)?

Welcome and I am happy you found us too!

Welcome Chloe! I can't help you with wiring, but I prefer a 150 or a 220 sandpaper. Not sure what that means, just that's the numbers on the package that I look for when I go buy it, LOL!

Welcome Chloe!

Just wanted to add that the higher the number on the sandpaper, the finer the grit, so you would start with the lowest number sandpaper first go round, then get the next higher number to sand again and if you need to sand it even smoother go to a higher number sandpaper or finer grit.

Marg got the street of stores and got me the conservatory (for the Time Machine) and they're both by Houseworks. Ours are very smooth right out of the box and will required only the minimalist sanding, if any. I'd not go any lower than 180, more like 220, and I prolly not do it at all. Unless your kit is a lot different.

Welcome to the forum, Chloe. I usually use whatever sandpaper somes with the kit to sand the edges. Unless the surface is very splintery I don't sand until after I seal or prime.

Welcome to the forum Chloe! I keep a good supply of emery boards around for sanding because they're easier for me to handle on odd angles.

As for the wiring, Darrell and Melissa did a fantastic tutorial on tape wiring in their McKinely blog. You can find that on the forum at: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...ogid=12&&cat=44

Deb