The Lily

zandy

I am having a problem assembling the shell of the house. My floors and partitions are not sliding in (as I assume they should). Is there a trick I can't figure out?

I would appreciate any helpfrom anyone before i get so frustrated I just toss the whole thing (and I really can't afford to do this.

I am having a problem assembling the shell of the house.  My floors and partitions are not sliding in (as I assume they should).  Is there a trick I can't figure out?

I would appreciate any helpfrom anyone before i get so frustrated I just toss the whole thing (and I really can't afford to do this.

Hi Zandy and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the Lily! It really is a sweet house. I'm building one now and am in the last stages. The floors and partitions do need some coaxing going in. If you start easing them in, you'll see the places where you need to shave some of the tabs and slots. Mark them with a pencil and ease them back out, then use an xacto blade and/or sandpaper to gently pare them down a little bit and try it again. That's a bit tedious, but believe me, it's worth the effort. When you slide the center partition in, it helps if you tilt it just slightly sideways on the interlocking slots.

I haven't gotten my pictures transferred over here to a gallery yet, but I do have a webshots album with pictures of my Lily in progress at: http://community.webshots.com/album/546951193rpVFGY They're step by step pictures with a lot of instructions along the way and there are a couple that show the partitions going in so that might help a little bit.

We're really glad to have you here with us! Peggi has also built a Lily and Linda and Nutti are building one now so you'll have lots of support while you build and we're just delighted to help.

Deb

We're really glad to have you here with us!  Peggi has also built a Lily and Linda and Nutti are building one now so you'll have lots of support while you build and we're just delighted to help.

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too am BUILDING the LILY very slowly I might add too :blink: BUT listen to Deb with the CENTER Partiton I snapped mine and HAVE it almost all fixed :D

:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum, zandy. I learned about sliding slotted floor & partition together on the Glencroft & it nearly cost me a 42-year marriage (until DH realize I was addressing the kit & not him :rolleyes::blink: ).

The floors and partitions do need some coaxing going in. If you start easing them in, you'll see the places where you need to shave some of the tabs and slots. Mark them with a pencil and ease them back out, then use an xacto blade and/or sandpaper to gently pare them down a little bit and try it again. That's a bit tedious, but believe me, it's worth the effort. When you slide the center partition in, it helps if you tilt it just slightly sideways on the interlocking slots.

I can't think of a thing to add to what Deb said, except go slowly and carefully. My construction photos are here photos taken at christmas with a little more finishing are here

A challenging house, but worth it.

Peggi