Courrigated Card Board

Color Me Holly

I peeled the flat paper off of one side of a cardboard box & used the roof pieces to cut thepatterns, then I simply sprayed the corrugated side with aluminum spray paint & glued the dry pices to the roof after it was assembled, and then aged it.

Even though I was not the original poster, I would first glue it on then spray on a coat of thinned shellac as a sealer then paint. Try Testors Model Master Steel and then weather with rust in an appropriate manner

Ed

Linda, I aged the roof with drybrushing burnt siena (a wonderful rust color, BTW) and black & white acrylic paints and then glued on bits of reindeer moss or whatever that rubbery stuff is.

You can also get corrugated plastic signs. A really big one is summink like 7 bucks. Never tried to tear the face off one though, if you could it might be more resilient that card.

Thanks for all the replies.

Dollproperties wrapped my new house in corrugated (I knew I spelled it wrong) paper. There is no backing on it and its not the same weight as cardboard. Its a little smooched, but not to bad. I showed Alysia the pictures of the roof and she will use it on her Buttercup. Its going to be pink. :rolleyes: Sometimes it is very hard not to interup and tell them to do it my way. :blink::D I am happy she is enjoying it.

Sorry Cat, I didn't get a chance to pm you yesterday. Everytime I sat down yesterday, I had to get up to help on of the girls.

Holly, You can probably use one of those bamboo skewers to unsmooch the corrugated paper. You can paint a coat of sealer before you paint it if you want to, but the paint is going to make it plenty stiff. I think you'll want to use two coats of paint, I did.

BTW the chimney "stones" are bits of styrofoam egg carton (from my pre-spackle days).

I haven't found eggs in papermache cartons in a long time, & now we buy the eggwhites in cartons. I wasn't happy with the styrofoam texture, and was trying to scrounge papermache fastfood trays or egg cartons or whatever & a little voice whispered "spackle" in my ear and the rest is history.