I am depressed.....

heidiiiii

I put in a "Item not delivered" dispute at Ebay this afternoon. The guy has been "ignoring" my emails asking for the UPS tracking number. I called the bank last week and they told me the cashier`s check had cleared on 02/10. On the posting the guy said that he mails stuff out 2x a week and it could take up to two week for delivery.

He has over 1000 postive rating on ebay.

I am upset cause A. I have really started full gear on this new hobby. and B. The kids think I am weird everytime I hear a truck come down our street and jump to look. (we live on a small, quiet dead end so trucks are a rarity.

Hopefully this will get some results but the pessimist in me is rearing her ugly lil head. What if out of spite the dude bashes the kit? Or leaves vital parts out?

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to save my pennies and buy a new kit.

I am just miffed at the fact that if this guy felt he got too lil for the dh (I was only bidder, got it for $19.99 + 20.00 for UPS shipment), then he should have put a reserve on it.

Okay, I am going to go sulk in the corner and read the books I got at used bookstore today, The book of miniatures by Helen Ruthberg and Dollhouse Lighting by Barbara Warner

Take a deep breath - (and here's a hug to go with it) ... I'm sure your parcel will arrive. If the seller has lots of good feedback the package should be in the mail.

Where I live in Canada a two week delivery date would be considered excellent service. I seldom receive any of the items I win off of ebay in less than 3 weeks (if the seller lives in the U.S.). For some reason, items from U.K. arrive in 7-10 days. Go figure.

Susanne

Hang in there! It will come! If he's any kind of a good seller all the pieces will be there too! Usually, the seller won't mail an item until a cheque clears either and if it was cleared on the 10th, then he probably put it in the mail the following week (keeping my fingers crossed for you)!!

When I ship items to Canada for friends and family it sometimes takes 2-3 weeks for them to receive their package. I've received items here in Wisconsin from England is less than a week. It takes two days for my niece in Texas to receive packages from me and that's not even priority!

Remember, when you're waiting for water to boil it never does . . . as soon as you take your eyes off it . . . there it goes full steam ahead!! :blink:

Heidi,

If the check cleared on the 10th and it can take up to 2 weeks for delivery then I wouldn't be too worried untill the 27th. He may not have mailed it till after the check cleared which was a friday.. so it probably didn't mail till Monday or Tuesday (if either of those are days he mails on) - 2 weeks from the monday following clearing is the 27th.. so give it some time. My mail never arrives within the estimated time allowance. .. which is really weird because my out going mail usualy is right on when they tell me it should get there. hmm.

-David

It arrived! It arrived! ***caffeine fueled happy dance***

Yesterday morning I went out to get the paper and something white caught my eye on the end of the porch. It was my dollhouse w/ Fedex stickers all over it.

I guess my witching and dispute kicked it in gear. It was mailed out on Friday (dispute made on Thurs.)

Unfortunately I didnt get to enjoy it too much yesterday. I think the excitement and weather (snow flurries) put me into a Meneire`s attack. So I spent the day in bed high on meclizine and read the lighting dollhouse book cover to cover. I understand now how to light the dollhouse. I guess me getting sick did have a positive side. Forced me (out of boredom ) to really read the book cover to cover.

I have taken everything out of box. Everything is there.

I will have to purchase new windows and doors. The 2 staircases are not very good. Missing some risers. So I am going to have to measure and purchase new. I will be asking about that in the future.

It came with plastic siding (ummm. Nah!) So i will be buying that too. They threw in two bags of roofing shingles. I will see if i can find some more of the same type in store. Also came with plastic shutters. So I can use one of them for measurements of new wooden ones. Fireplace and chimney are missing too. Hubby laughed and said I have a HUD house. It is going to cost me more to rehab then the actual cost of the structure. LOL

I think it is what has been called a slot and tab kit. It is 1/4 inch mahogany plywood. No splinters! (thank goodness).

I have seperated what I am going to prime today and put everything else back in the box. All the pieces were already labeled (in pencil), but i double checked anyhow.

So my odyssey has begun.

Thanks for letting me vent. I will take pics as I go and ask for lots of help! Thanks for lending your eyes (ears). ;)

and what house is this?

Missing some risers

think tounge depressor craft sticks. I used them on my Arthur because those steps only came with treads. the wood stained the same and you cant tell which is which.

Im looking forward to seeing and hearing about your progress

nutti ;)

and what house is this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a Skilcraft Colonial circa 1978.

That is an idea. I have the staircase parts in a baggy for deal w/ later.

I am in priming mode right now. Sanded down parts w/ a paper bag, wiped clean and painting away. A roof section piece has a big splinter so when i get carp. glue tomorrow, I will glue and weight down.

I`ll let you know how progress go.

Hi Heidi,

Glad it finally arrived!! Yaayy!! I can't believe that guy waited so long to mail it though.. actually I can believe it but it's very disappointing. I've had a few problems with ebay sellers - but fortunately very few. I do remember one train set I bought for my son which took over a month to get to me and I was thinking oh yea sure they mailed it when they said they did.. well they did, the poor box had stickers from all over the place apparently it got lost in the mail and who knows where it went before it was sent back to them and they had to resend it to me.. I actually felt bad for the sellers that time cause it ended up costing them about 25$ to mail me the box that they charged me 10$ in shipping for. ouch. But the good news is at least your hous has arrived! Now the fun begins ;)

-David

There will be pictures soon, right?

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I started snapping pics this morning and then the camera went dead. My Darling dds used the camera and drained the batteries and then forgot to put the spares in the charger.. So i wait for a charge and then I will take some snaps. ;)