This will be great fun!

rosiebear

Hi Everyone!

I am almost brand spanking new in this hobby and am absolutely thrilled. Since I was a little girl I always wanted a doll house and although my Mom made me a two bedroom one, it really was not what I wanted. Now, through exciting conversations with my friend Susanna (whom is a member of this club), I finally dove right into it. I already had bought furniture over 10 years ago but never really did much else. Now I own the Garfield (although my hubby still has to put it together for me). I have been buying all kinds of need stuff for it like flooring, curtain material, wallpaper and the window upgrade package.

Besides dollhouses, I am also a vintage Barbie and friends collector and own quite the collection as well as Chatty Cathy dolls. I love cats and have many of them (mostly Siamese) as well as three Yorkie girls, seahorses whom just had babies on Saturday, and guineapigs. Obviously I love animals and since I have no children of the human kind, the fury ones in my house are all spoiled beyond belief.

Katharina

Welcome Katharina! Any friend of Susanne's is a friend of ours!! :o

I have a Yorkie boy named 'Teddy' and a Sheltie named "Shelby", a lorikeet named 'Picasso' of which you'll see featured in pictures in my albums and several other birds.

Can't wait to see pictures of your Garfield as you progress. Good luck!! :)

Hi Rosiebear,

Oooh the Garfield is a nice house! I think you're really going to enjoy this hobby - it should come with a warning label however - miniatures are highly addictive. I started out with NO interreste in dolls.. then I saw James Carringtons character figures - I am now hooked on miniature people. No interrest in making furniture nope - no way.. then I started seeing some really gorgous hand made furniture.. while I'm still too chicken to try it right now - it's now on my list and sometime this year I'm supposed to take a sofa making class :blink: oh yea it starts small and while it also stays pretty small it definitely grows :blink: I think that's what I love about it best - there's no end to what you can do or create - if it can be made big it can be made small ;) And if you can't afford a real life mansion .. well you can make yourself a small one ;)

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find lots and lots of fun stuff here!!

-David