Where to find Concord Miniatures Furniture....

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

Does anyone know where to find Concord Miniatures Furniture???

I think the company went out of business in the 70s, but boy, they built some really beautiful, I believe hand-made, furniture. I think I heard that they were really expensive for thier time. I got these two pieces half off, regularly 56 bux a piece and I got them for 23 bux a piece!!!! WHAT A STEAL! I have purchased a few Concord Miniatures furniture items and the quality is superb. Does anyone still sell these gems? I attached a pic of a hutch and wardrobe that I bought recently, i absolutely LOVE THEM!!!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=23039

I keep my eye on ebay for these beauties but are they sold anywhere else i wonder......

Let me know.

Thanks,

-Nathaniel :insane:

Dee's Delights supplies Concord Miniatures furniture items to miniature & hobby shops, but they are most definitely NOT artisan pieces, just very nice made-in-China items. Here are suggestions of really excellent books for making your own dh furniture:

Design and Make Your Own Dollhouse Furniture by Headley Holgate & Pamela Ruddock (I've made the kitchen table)

Making Miniature Furniture
by John Davenport (yes, THE John Davenpor; he starts with very basic butt-joints and works up to dovetails)

Make Your Own Dolls' House Furniture
by Maurice Harper (clear, easy-to-follow direction & diagrams for making gorgeous furniture items)

These are just three books I picked off my shelves, but they are all good for quality wood pieces you can make yourself.

I began my dollhouse building career back in 1980/81 and Concord Miniatures were going strong. They were pretty much the equivalent of the current Classics furniture. Factory made, inexpensive, and a bit bulky but still nice. I had many pieces of it, and I can't complain about it...it was good furniture. I did much prefer House of Miniatures kits for accuracy of scale and delicacy.

$56 for each piece...uh, I believe someone is wayy overpricing this stuff...even at $23.

Guest Nathaniel
I began my dollhouse building career back in 1980/81 and Concord Miniatures were going strong. They were pretty much the equivalent of the current Classics furniture. Factory made, inexpensive, and a bit bulky but still nice. I had many pieces of it, and I can't complain about it...it was good furniture. I did much prefer House of Miniatures kits for accuracy of scale and delicacy.

$56 for each piece...uh, I believe someone is wayy overpricing this stuff...even at $23.

Really? You think so. For the detail of these pieces, I thought it was quite a steal...

Dee's Delights went out of business about 3 years ago now. About 5 years ago I met the new owner of Concord Miniatures but for some reason she did not release a lot of their items. I'll look up her contact info because I am not sure if she is still doing this or not.

Concord Miniatures were still around in the early 90's as well. I have Dee's Delight's books from those years, and they were strong in there. But they are NOT artisan pieces.

Guest Nathaniel

THey are sooo beautiful! I really love them. To me, they look like they are actually handmade. But they are not. I wish I knew where you could still buy them.

Nathaniel, I think the "high end" pieces you are referring to are the Concord Museum Miniatures, which WERE much nicer and more expensive than the regular Concord Miniatures, which were nice, but not as high end or expensive...in fact, some pieces were extremely crude or toy-like.

Thank you for bringing up this thread...I went onto ebay and picked up 2 darling sleeping Concord child figures from the 1980's...resin figures that will be perfect for "napping" on the bed.

Guest Nathaniel
Nathaniel, I think the "high end" pieces you are referring to are the Concord Museum Miniatures, which WERE much nicer and more expensive than the regular Concord Miniatures, which were nice, but not as high end or expensive...in fact, some pieces were extremely crude or toy-like.

Thank you for bringing up this thread...I went onto ebay and picked up 2 darling sleeping Concord child figures from the 1980's...resin figures that will be perfect for "napping" on the bed.

You are absolutely CORRECT!! These pieces came with little literature books that say Concord Museum Miniatures on them. THats why they are expensive and high quality. I love them!!! I need to find more!!! Ima go check ebay!!! And I think these are the ones that they stopped making in the 70s or 80s because they were too expensive and people didnt want to pay that kinda money back then for d.house furniture I guess.

THanks,

Nathaniel-

Guest Nathaniel
I really like concord I have a few of their pieces and i love them. :)

Concord or Concord Museum Miniatures? I was looking at some of the Concord stuff and in my opinion it is very BLAH. But, the Concord Museum Miniatures stuff is incredible if you ask me. I will scoff up any thing I find at a good price, i think they are just beautiful.

-Nathaniel

:)

Concord or Concord Museum Miniatures? I was looking at some of the Concord stuff and in my opinion it is very BLAH. But, the Concord Museum Miniatures stuff is incredible if you ask me. I will scoff up any thing I find at a good price, i think they are just beautiful.

-Nathaniel

:)

Mostly Concord Museum Miniatures,I have a very nice cane table set i think its Concord Museum Miniatures. I also have a really neat parrot stand. :)

I've been very happy with the Mini Mundus furniture kits, although I can no longer afford them. The one thing I'll miss when my subscription to AM runs out is the DIY articles Ferd Sobol has been running. I'm so getting inspired!