the house that daddy built

grazhina

I got my first house when I was 4, I guess, for Christmas. My parents were going to build a new house, and my father built a model of what they were planning on. It was wood, with no interior walls, but it had real glass windows, 2 corner picture windows in the living room and 2 bedroom windows, with one of those tiny porches, and a hip roof. It was your basic 50's ranch, painted pink with a brown roof.

The furniture was plastic, I've seen it on Ebay now and then, Marx, I think. The livingroom and bedroom sets were yellow, the bathroom pink and the kitchen white. I got 2 cellulose baby dolls to live in it, but they didn't last long.

I used to arrange the furniture as though there were walls. When I got a little older I really wished there were real walls in there.

I've been tempted to buy the furniture at times, because it's all gone. I think the house is still in my mother's basement. It's hard to tell though, she finds it dificult to throw things out and the basement is packed full with stuff.

Sounds like a good adventure for a rainy day. I hope you can find it. I have the dollhouse my dad built for my sis and me. Although I haven't yet started to clean it up, there's a certain comfort in knowing it's near at hand. :unsure:

I’m sure that you will be very happy if you find the house in your mother’s basement.

To look for the house is of course a good adventure for a rainy day!

I hope that you will find it!