Another Newbie Here

Bobbi_P

Pardon my fumbling as I learn the ins and outs of posting to this forum. I wasn't sure about the different prompts for Topic Title and Topic Description!

My husband is very excited to have ordered a Beacon Hill kit to build for our daughter (soon to be 3 years old). I'm thinking it won't be ready for her birthday given all that I'm reading here.

I'll be posting some questions in other forums, so look for me there. (And maybe my husband too as he begins construction.)

Welcome to the Community!!

Wow another Beacon Hill builder. Awesome! Have you picked out colors? What a perfect gift for you & your daughter. It's so wonderful when a family can build memories together. Please take many pictures (for us who love eye candy) and so you can view them later as she grows up. What a treasure!!

Welcome Bobbi, I know you will find this forum more than usefull and there is a wealth of information that will come in handy.

The Beacon HIll is a beautiful home to build and I know your daughter will cherish it!

Hugs

Welcome, Bobbi_P, There are quite a few folks who hae recently joined us because they're beginning to build the BH, so you & your DH are in good company. Depending on your experience level, tools, amount of time available to devote to building & decorating, and the date of your DD's birthday, you could finish it in time for her birthday, but maybe just not her NEXT one ;)

Regardless, there's a lot of experience available here & on the other forums, so read the posts & blogs, look at the gallery, explore the other sites and ask away.

Thanks for the welcome!

We haven't chosen colors for sure yet. Her room is a bright candy apple green, so our color coordination will be carefully contemplated!

Yes, we're hoping the house will become a treasured memory for all of us, but after opening the box and sorting the sheets last night and finding 6 missing and 1 not for our house (number 2 sheet of course, hope it doesn't slow up our building progress), I'm afraid there may be some "not so Hallmark" memories associated with building this gem! ;)

I'll be taking lots of pictures. I've posted a question over on the general forum regarding pre-wiring the house for later use since our daughter is so young. It sounds like several people think it could work and be worthwhile as long as I take plenty of pictures and make diagrams to note the location of wiring for final hook-up later.

Wish us luck!

Wish us luck!
That goes without saying, as you are here ;)

As for the missing items, if you go to the home page (clicking on the logo in the upper left corner takes you right to it) and contact the nice folks at Greenleaf I'm sure they'll get the missing items to you.

I'm afraid there may be some "not so Hallmark" memories associated with building this gem!

I can guarantee I have a repertoire of *magic* words that sometimes turn the air so blue that passing birds fall dead from the sky!

That goes without saying, as you are here  :)

As for the missing items, if you go to the home page (clicking on the logo in the upper left corner takes you right to it) and contact the nice folks at Greenleaf I'm sure they'll get the missing items to you.

I can guarantee I have a repertoire of *magic* words that sometimes turn the air so blue that passing birds fall dead from the sky!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can eally vouch for the nice servie of Greenleaf, as I had some shingles that had gone hay wild in the packs and within days from my mail to them I had a replacement which has worked out beautifully.

As for the words that make the air turn blue, well, what can I say, the more languages you know the more words you can use... And I am particulary prone in using Spanish since it has so many VERU colorfull words...

Hugs