Personal Messages

Peggi

The last couples of times I had a pm from someone it didn't pop up here to let me know. I may be wrong but I was thinking that they would. I didn't know I had one until I checked my email. Also, the Quote doesn't seem to work for me like it use to--now when I copy a line and hit quote it just adds the word quote before it instead of putting it in a box--what am I doing wrong? I know its got to be me so help.

Peggi

Hmm . . . when I get a PM it usually shows up at the top of the screen and then I have to go into my controls and my messages to retrieve it. Are you sure it's not at the top of the screen when you log in? Could be Dean needs to look into that.

About the quotes. Usually I copy the line I want to quote then hit the quote button paste in my quote and then hit the quote button again. Maybe you're not hitting the quote button again at the end? That's my thought.

Don't know if I helped at all Peggi, but it was worth a try! :blink:

Peggi, at the right end of the green bar under the site logo there's a clickable link that shows what new messages you have, even if they don't show up in a dialog box. Once in a while I won't get the dialog box, but the "new message" link will show I have one.

I noticed the "quote" function no longer has a separate popup box in which to paste the quote, you hit the "quote" button to open it & paste your quote & then you need to hit it again, as Teresa pointed out, to get it to close (or I guess you could close it by clicking on "Close all Tags"?).

Thanks, I'll put the quote at the end and see if that works. I know to check the top but don't think about it until I received the email that I have one. I liked that it popped up--but will get in habit of checking the green bar.

Peggi