Snow

MiniMadWoman

I'm wondering if anybody has a used snow blower for sale?!! :blink: Hubby wouldn't listen to me last spring and buy a snow blower . . . noooo!! Now we're under at least five inches of snow and it's not letting up yet! :p

Well, all I have to say is that come this spring . . . we're buying a snow blower (that's if he doesn't break down and buy one in the interim).

I know, it has been snowing here since 6:30 am. I guess we got a big dumpping of it this time Teresa :lol:. The bad part is the snow from last week is still here cause it never got warm enough to melt. :p:blink:

Hope you are staying warm! I made chicken noodle soup with dumplings for dinner (Corn bread too) :lol: . Maybe it will help keep the chill away.

Tracy, what time is dinner? I'm on my way!! :p

The snow we've shovelled to date is about five feet high at the end of our driveway. Considering I'm 5 feet 3 inches, that makes for quite a hike! That's why a snowblower would be handy. It shoots the snow high away for you!

We have some great neighbors though with snowblowers. They know about my back so they take turns doing the walks in front of the house if Brian hasn't done it already.

Santa . . . are you listening?!!!!!! :blink:

Many years ago we lived in central OH & our last winter we had a blizzard that was a "snow hurricane", I watched the needle on our barometer fall literally off the scale, the pressure dropped so quickly & so far! Because we had insulated the attic & basement walls when we bought the house, and had a gravity-fed hotwater heating system, we were the only house in our neighborhood with heat on three levels and no frozen pipes (DH took his mug, his jar of instant coffee & a timer and propped his chair by the furnace). That winter I made a covenant with God that if He'd get us back to FL (we've been Floridians since very early childhood) I'd never complain how hot it gets in the summer. That was in December of 1978; in September of 1979 we were living in Jacksonville. Neither of us misses snow.

Snow...snow...glorious SNOW!!!!!! :blink:

It's been snowing off and on all day and is supposed to do the same for another 3 to 4 days. YEAH!!!!! :lol: :p :lol:

I LOVE SNOW!!!! You can all send it right here to me!

And Holly, when I lived in Arizona and it was 123 in the shade, I made my own pact with the powers that be....get me outta this heat and I'll never complain about being cold. I arrived back in Illinois in a major blizzard......

Carol

I'm finding as I climb the ladder of wisdom (okay, I'm getting old) that my tolerance for cold weather is getting slim. I don't mind the snow so much, just give me a snow-blower and I'll be happy! Perhaps a heated body suit would be a good idea too . . . since I'm asking! :blink:

Perhaps a heated body suit would be a good idea too . . . since I'm asking!  :blink:

If Santa is listening, I want battery powered heated socks! My feet are always cold. I tried strapping the cat to my feet but he didn't seem to like that much. :p

Deb

Hey you guys don't send all your snow to Carol!!...I wouldn't mind if you sent a few inches this way. Neither would my grandkids!! lol

Sorry I've been absent for the past little while....I've been working like crazy on my entry for miniatures.com....will finally get the pictures mailed tomorrow..ON 12/15...THE deadline day!!! That's me though .... always late. I will be posting pictures @ webshots as soon as I get through playing around on here. lol

I got my secret pal's package ready to mail tomorrow, too ON the deadline day....

nothing like waiting till the last minute!!!!!

You can bet I'll be shopping on Dec. 24 too.

Gosh, I make me so tired sometimes....

Goin' to webshots now.....catch y'all later...

Doe

Since we're talking about snow, I decided to change my avatar to a picture of the RW house under 17 inches of snow, a little higher in the drifts. This occured on 2/26-2/27/04. It was very pretty, but like always in the South, it was gone in a few days ...

Today it is sleeting. Some of the snow from last week still hasn't melted yet....Teresa, would be glad to send the snow your way...I too could probably use a snow blower when the big storm hits.

Everything is covered in ice! :blink: I'm too much of a warm weather woman--I too can tell I'm getting old when I prefer wearing my shorts and polos to big heavy sweaters and snow boots. :p And to think it isn't even officially winter yet! :lol:

No, No, Lisa, don't send any more snow this way!!!! It's Carol or Doe who wants it!!!!

Thought we had got our limit last night, but it's snowing again this morning! With the amount of snow piled up at the curb I'm thinking I could pretty much start downhill skiiing! Wheeeeeeee!!!!

Deb, let me know if you get those heated socks for Christmas. I'm kinda worried about your kitty!! :blink:

Thought we had got our limit last night, but it's snowing again this morning!
And it made the morning news, too :p I watched y'all's snow on MSNBC. We're getting the RAIN that's the lower leadingedge of what you have; we also have tornado warnings posted until 1 PM.

I hate having a green christmas!

By now we've had enough cold temps to turn the grass brown & drop the leaves, so our Christmas won't be green, either.

I hadn't thought about strapping cats to my feet to keep them warm, but I'm ticklish, and just the thought of having strapped cats squirming to get loose makes my feet tingle :blink:

just the thought of having strapped cats squirming to get loose makes my feet tingle  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! I think Chloe would be a bit ticked off about that too, and she has a bad habit of biting! Which Jimmy taught her, of course. Crazy cat.

I could use some snow! Maybe start it tomorrow evening, give me a good ground covering, and let it be gone by Sunday afternoon?

We've got rain here, and it was freezing rain this morn. Now it's just a cold ugly wet rain ...

Oh, don't worry about the kitty foot warmer. Napoleon only stays where he wants to stay. He can go from zero to kitty-cuisinart in .001 seconds. Teeth and claws are terms of endearment to him and he purrs loudest when he's biting. :lol: He got the name "Napoleon" for a good reason!

How did Jimmy teach Chloe to bite? Most of the time cats learn by example and, well, the image of that is just kinda weird. :o

Bruce has been trying to convince Napoleon he's a chihuahua. It's kind of working too. If we say "yo quero taco bell", Napoleon will meow back. <shaking head> I'm not sure which one I should worry about more.....the husband or the cat.

Deb (no snow here, but the wind chill is right around 0)

How did Jimmy teach Chloe to bite?  Most of the time cats learn by example and, well, the image of that is just kinda weird.  :lol: 

Deb (no snow here, but the wind chill is right around 0)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jimmy and Chloe play fight all the time. The minute he comes in the door she becomes a holy terror! They fight or wrestle, and she bites him, claws him, hisses, spits ... gets up and runs away and then comes back for more.