For: minimadwoman

brenda73147

Teresa, what kind of christmas lights did you use to decorate you beacon hill?

were they regular lights or did you find some mini lights somewhere?

By the way, you house looks great i hope how soon i get mine, in the mail, i can't wait to get started. :D

Thanks Brenda! You won't believe it, but I bought the little tiny mini-lights at Michael's. It was the 50 string one for $9.99. I taped the wire to the underside of the eaves and then taped each individual light up as well because otherwise they hang down (which is okay if you like that effect). I do have to buy some more lights though because 50 isn't enough to do the entire roofline on the Beacon Hill. I want to light up the tower as well!! :D

By the way, your Pierce looks amazing! You did a fantastic job! :D

MiniMadWoman, Your house looks so festive! I've begun decorating my Lily for Xmas too, but still have to finish a few little details on the inside before I post pixs. Boy has your house come a long way, no way anyone would recognize the "trash" along side the road :D

You've done an absolutely superb job.

Peggi

Thanks so much Peggi! I love every little inch of that house!

I'm reminded too though, I decorated and inside and should probably post pictures of that too!

Happy Holiday Decorating everyone!! :D

Happy Holiday Decorating everyone!!  :blink:

Your BH looks sooooooooo festive! More pictures please! :D Make us happy with holiday eye candy!

I decorated the Pierce just a wee bit since I haven't collected a lot in the way of mini holiday decor yet. But it has lights around the porch, mini wooden toy soldiers, sleds, angels, etc set up on the porch and around the yard, garland wrapped around the bannisters and garland and lights in the trees in the yard. I scored a couple of 5 inch tall russian nutcrackers (tree ornaments) last night to go at each end of the house. The best find was a battery operated lighted tree I found at Michaels to go in the living room bay window. Pretty, pretty! Next year I plan on giving it the full indoor and outdoor treatment.

I like decorating the mini house much better than decorating the big house. No ladders are required! :D

So, it appears that there's a lot of mini decorating going on. Peggi, I can't wait to see the pictures of your Lily in it's holiday garb.

What's everyone else doing with holiday decor? Let the rest of the world go driving around in the cold and snow to look at house lights and decorations.........we can sit right here with a cup of cocoa and see the best decorated houses in the world!

<plopping marshmallows in cups of cocoa to pass around> <setting out a plate of brownies>

Deb

Thanks so much everyone! I went to Michael's today and bought more lights to go around the tower. I'll try and get them up tomorrow and then post new pictures and pictures of the inside.

I got the nutcrackers from a Christmas store at the mall. They must be similar to yours Deb! I do need one more red one of them too to go on the other side of the balcony. Maybe tomorrow after my piano lesson . . . hmm . . . wonder what else I can find?!!! Fa la la la la la la la la . . . all the way to the poor house!! :D

Deb, I'd love to see your tree! Pictures please!! Oh, by the way, you better refill that brownie tray, I'm afraid I snarfed 'em all down!! :D Can anyone say chocolate sugar high!!

Deb, I'd love to see your tree!  Pictures please!!  Oh, by the way, you better refill that brownie tray, I'm afraid I snarfed 'em all down!!  :D  Can anyone say chocolate sugar high!!

I think our nutcrackers are cousins at the very least! LOL Aren't they just too cool! I've seen real life ones lately that are about the same size/scale and design so I believe you and I are just taking our minis to the cutting edge of holiday decor with life size nutcrackers. :D

I updated my webshots folder with pics of the Pierce in holiday mode. I haven't had time to make wreaths or packages for under the tree and that kind of thing, but at least it has a bit of holiday spirit.

Keep rolling on the chocolate high! We'll make a never ending supply of double fudge brownies and huge batches of tollhouse cookies too. And a big bowl of pretzles next to the chocolate fountain.

Deb

Thanks Lyn! I put in the Christmas tree last night so will be posting new pictures in my photoalbum sometime today. Still have to get those other lights up too!

Deb, party on!! I'll bring the rice krispie squares with chocolate slathered on top and Brian's homemade chocolate chip cookies!! Yum!! Willy Wonka eat your heart out!! :D

Deb, party on!!  I'll bring the rice krispie squares with chocolate slathered on top and Brian's homemade chocolate chip cookies!!  Yum!!  Willy Wonka eat your heart out!!  :lol:

Bruce built a lovely roaring blaze in the fireplace tonight. <hauling out the bag of marshmallows> S'mores anyone?

Deb <putting on the cd of celtic harp Christmas music and relaxing>

Oh, I love s'mores!! I'll be right over!! :lol:

Gives me a good idea . . . I think I'm going to get hubby to build a fire this weekend and do just that! I haven't had a s'more in ages!