We did it!! We adopted a new kitten today

CJEP

Here she is!! The shelter had named her Tina two days ago, but we have been calling her Pumpkin and she seems to come when we call so I think Pumpkin may stick. Keep your fingers crossed that she and Simba will get along. A few of these pictures are when she was looking at the wall of mirrors. Her image kept frightening her. Ok, off to go play with her some more. Right now she is downstairs and Simba is upstairs. Simba hasn't come out of the space behind the tv (his favorite sleeping spot) since we got home, but we took Pumpkin over to him and they sniffed each other. We'll see what happens.

Oh she is a sweetie! and the name suits her. I know I already have a baby in the house (MF) but I am a sucker for babies and it makes me want another. Okay I need to go find him and give him a squeeze so I can get THAT idea out of my head.

Well Pumpkin seems to love it here. She has been purring rather loudly and often. One of us if not both of us have been with her most of the time. Simba on the other hand did a little hissing and went off to hide. He wasn't too happy when I pulled Pumpkin's food away from him. We'll give him time. Tonight we will keep them separated. I think Steve is going to sleep downstairs in the guest room so Pumpkin won't be all alone. If I try to, Simba will follow, so I'll sleep up here with him.

They seem to be tolerating each other. Simba likes to know where she is when she is upstairs or with me. She is checking everything out. Here are a few more pictures of her playing and being much more relaxed. Ok, I have to go find her again. It got quiet, but I can see Simba so he's not with her. Hmmm....

post-592-1145561009_thumb.jpg

OMG!! She's just so darn cute! I fostered a little lost kitten for a day who look just like your little Pumpkin and oh, my heart melted! I've decided that it's time to get another cat (maybe this weekend) and pray that my 8 year old grey tabby will be okay with it - she wasn't fond of that kitten that stayed with us for a day! :wave:

Tiffany, it takes more than a day for them to adjust to a newcomer in their territory. Simba certainly was not happy in fact he was mad at me the first day. He is warming up to her and no longer mad with me.