nob hill doll house

dollhouse lady

hello everyone

my post is about the dollhouse my sister bought me . i can not find any information on this house. i understand it is not a greenleaf house but i was hoping maybe with all of the dollhouse people here someone may have it.

i am trying to find out what year it was made and who would had build it mine is bulid so well i know it had to be a crafts person who has done dollhouse buliting for a living . i want to let the person who gave it away that it has a wonderful home now and i wil love it as the previsou owner . i know i will not find out who gave it but it makes me happy to say it love more then ever .

so my qusetion is who owns this dollhouse now in this large community ?;0) if so please speak up and do not hold your peace ;0) a year or more has passed and i still have no ideal what this house is the year the place where it would had been sold in the area of sunnyvale , santa clara county . i am having a hard time with upload my dollhouse pictures i tried many times but it does not work can someone tel me what i may be doing wrong i wonder can i load it to this email as an attachment ?

it was made by walmer a company that is now closed . so greenleaf fmaily help me please . your the most knowledgeable of all of the website i came to but i join this one your help will be so fun and to search out this dol house will be a fun thing for all of us.

thanks so much for your help

jane /dollhouse lady

Jane, there is a picture icon at the top of the box you type your post in that you can use to post pictures saved online, and at the bottom there's a "manage attachments" box with a "browse" button to load pictures saved on your pc. When you have made five posts you will be allowed to make albums of your pictures here in the Members' Gallery.

Welcome to the little family and please do share pictures. Newt has a blog with a list of all the dh kits by manufacturer that she can find.

Hi and welcome :laughbounce:

i have a nob hill but it's not the walmer brand. mine is a 1/8 " plywood house kit.

i'm sure somebody has this dollhouse. i know i've googled the nob hill and you particular house has popped up in the search. it's been a long time since i searced for it tho so hopefully you can still do it.

good luck!

Hi Jane, and welcome! :welcome:

I have heard people talk about this particular dollhouse before - so I'm sure you will find out more from other members. I don't have it myself, but it is a good looking house.

You are very lucky to have acquired this very rare and hard to find house. It was made by Walmer in the late 70's and 80's. If you see any of the Nutshell News or other mini mags from that time period you will see ads for the house. It was considered one of their premium kits along with the Foxhall Manor and Montclair. Walmer was bought by Real Good Toys, but for some reason, as RGT told me when I inquired, they only purchased the rights to the Foxhall Manor and Montclair not the Nob Hill. I have been looking for one of these kits for quite sometime and I can tell you they just are not out there (other than a couple of "wrecks" I have come across). If you google Nob Hill there is one (Ginger's) that comes up and there is a lady on Webshots (Phyllis) with photos of her completed Nob Hill (she is very happy to email anyone additional photos also). The Walmer Nob Hill is the house that was on the Friend's episode "The One With The Dollhouse". There is a very short clip of it on You Tube and maybe other places, but I highly recommend that you check Friend's episodes and watch the entire show. The house is a real beauty. The edpisode is from Season 3, original air date April 10, 1997. This house has been discussed on this forum in the past so you might want to do a search and find some additional info. Congrats on your lucky acquisition and please keep us updated on your progess with it.

Valerie