duracraft victorian mansion

ilovecats

Another find on ebay...anyone have one or know anything about this house? Unfortunately the picture from ebay is too small to get a good idea of what it looks like, it says that the box is unopened, so hopefully that is true and the instructions are present! I'll post pictures when it arrives.

I cheated by going back to the old Greenleaf Board, where lpcullen had identified someone's mystery house as the Dura-Craft Victorian Mansion. If I understood that discussion correctly, here is the exterior and here is the interior. She recognized it as a very old kit (late 1970s or very early 1980s).

Thank you Calamari! i think that's it!!!!! The ebay picture on the box is very small, but it does have a big front porch and a 3 story tower, that looks very much like it. Thanks very much for finding the pictures! I almost didn't get the house, but couldn't resist! It was a great find I think! Margarita

You know what? I think LPCullen actually has that house. Still in the brown wrapper paper it was shipped in. Never opened. Under Zack's bed. And lemme tell you--he had a fit when he discovered I had put a dollhouse under his bed. I really need to pull that thing out and see what it is, because I forget.

You know what? I think LPCullen actually has that house. Still in the brown wrapper paper it was shipped in. Never opened. Under Zack's bed. And lemme tell you--he had a fit when he discovered I had put a dollhouse under his bed. I really need to pull that thing out and see what it is, because I forget.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol... Creative storage!!! cool about having the dollhouse!!!!

lol... Creative storage!!!  cool about having the dollhouse!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zack didn't think it was creative. He was quite perturbed to find a dollhouse hiding under his bed. He keeps telling me I am not allowed to put any dollhouses in his room, and there I go sticking one under his bed ...

I'm not quite sure that is the one that I have, but it might be. I'll look when I go home on Sunday. Pull it out, photograph the box.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is too funny Bradley has the Pierce takeing a residence under his bed :blink:

That is a wonderful house find too. :blink:

Got Zack to pull it out from under his bed (of course now he doesn't want to allow it to go back under his bed, but he'll leave to take his girlfriend home soon), and took pix of the box.

I have the Victorian Mansion. Here's pix of the box.

post-6-1141082565_thumb.jpgpost-6-1141082578_thumb.jpg

Got Zack to pull it out from under his bed (of course now he doesn't want to allow it to go back under his bed, post-6-1141082565_thumb.jpgpost-6-1141082578_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need me and all my steel pipe bendin' buds to introduce your son to the LOSHBB's?

Cause if you do, we're here.

Juss wanted to lay that on ya.

Linda, Andrew, your Jimmy, Glen & Ed have created a forum auxiliary for guys called the League of Scale House Building Blokes/ LOSHBB :) I suppose it's so they can build action figure activity silos while the rest of us build dollhouses :p

so they can build action figure activity silos while the rest of us build dollhouses  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm probably going to be helping with that activity silos! I can make stone walls all day long!

I looked thru the kit! It's got a TON of componets!!!! The house shell is particle board, like as in the old type of particle board! Parts of the shell and room dividers are made of like a peg board type of material (minus the holes :blink: ). Luckily there is tongue and groove siding to cover it all! All precut to the right lengths. Lot and lots of trim, although some of it is broken (easy to replace). There are even some flooring strips (like the kind you get in the heritage kit), but some of the pieces are broken....i will probably use the wood strips on the second floor of the heritage and just use sheet flooring in this house. The spindles for the front porch will have to go as they are large dowels and look out of scale, so i will probably do a totally different type of railing and spindle instead. I didn't take each individual piece out, but this house will be pretty involved to build! It was soooo cool being the first person to open the kit! Vintage houses are sooooo coooolll!!!!

Hmmmm. Dunno Terri. I haven't bought any houses in quite a while. Still looking for certain ones.

Dunno if Zack will be cheering though. The only think keeping me from opening that box is that I have absolutely NOWHERE to put that house right now. Unless I kick Zack out ...

You know, that thing was bugger to drag into the house, I mean this house, the real one, off the porch. Not as bad as my lathe, and nowhere near as bad as the mill, but still a heavy so and so. Interesting to see, some of the wood trim has silvered, so it could be pine, Dougal has taken up camp lying on the box. BTW Dougal is the correct spelling, if not phonically sound. No signs of mold or damp, the instructions are yellowed, but don't smell suspicious. It has real wood siding, all precut and everythang! You know, this is an impressive kit.

And BTW, Mia's playing with her dogfish.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know where i can get my hands on one of these old beauties? :D (victorian mansion-duracraft) is anyone selling one by chance? i guess i'll just keep checking e-bay. -holly :)