I found these two kits at a local hobby store that was having a moving sale. The fabric seemed a bit rough for scale, though the finished photos on the kits looked wonderful. I had some ivory muslin in my fabric stash that seemed softer, but I stuck with the original fabric in the end and was glad I did. The most challenging part was creating the welting, or cording, but it's the one element that really adds to the realism of the piece. Real life sized upholstered furniture has this detailing and it was worth the frustration and effort to get it to work. I added some plaid cushions stuffed with seed beads. I learned a lot putting this kit together and will put these skills to use the next time I make an upholstered item.