1/144 Cape May Cottage

MicroJivvy

http://www.microjivvy.com/capemay.html

I finally finished on of my projects that was standing between me and the Haunted House. It's a North Eastern Scale Miniature kit that I bashed about a bit... then furnished. :)

Two more projects and then on to the haunted house. bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha...

You just amaze me, I'm trying to figure out how to get my hand in to a corner of a 1:12 house to make it looke nice and you take these teeny little houses and make them look marvelous. The Cape Cod is beautiful and I like the bash done to it.

Peggi

I'm trying to figure out how to get my hand in to a corner of a 1:12 house to make it looke nice and you take these teeny little houses and make them look marvelous.
144ers cheat... we do EVERYTHING prior to construction of the house. Not only gluing wallpaper in place, but also the furniture and accessories. Walls go into the base with grandfather clocks, bookcases, lamps, etc already glued on. :)

Did you make the kitchen furniture?

Nope -- I just painted it. They're metal miniatures I purchased from Anita McNary -- but she's just sold the metal miniatures biz to another miniaturist found at http://www.sdkminiatures.com ... I don't think Susan has the metal on her site yet (this business transfer JUST happened), but you can probably contact her via email (the kitchen furniture I used is the "large" kitchen set).

What did you use for wallpapering?

Some of the wallpaper (bedroom) I purchased from Anita ( http://www.anitamoriginals.com/ -- check the photo gallery section) and some (bathroom) is wallpaper I created and printed on the regular old color printer. The two tile floors are also printies I made up to match.

I love it!

I am a huge fan of the micro minis and I hope to learn more!

I have a couple of breakaway boxes Id like to make for Christmas.

I am eager to look at some of theat furniture for a couple of my projects.

thanks for sharing!

nutti :D

The house is beautiful! I have wanted to try something in this scale but have not worked up the nerve yet. I don't know if I could glue everything down. I like to change things too much. I just know I would end up trying to find everything after my cat through the house on the floor though. :D

I don't know if I could glue everything down.

Well people who make houses for themselves (mine always end up getting shipped somewhere), sometimes use tacky wax -- keeps stuff in place, but not permanently affixed.

You really do have to use some sort of sticky stuff -- the furniture pieces are so light weight, that if you blink while viewing them the "wind" your eyelids stir up will knock the furniture over. And don't even think about moving the house without the furniture being affixed -- the house will look like it has been burglarized by very messy thieves. :D

In addition, it's a real bear to get pieces into the back rooms if you don't do it prior to construction. I do about a bejillion "dry fits' throughout the build process and constantly cuss the nasty little furniture for its inability to stand up for even a few seconds.