Aster Cottage

Anna

Looking good Anna! Where did you get the cute little red bed? I really like the fireplace too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Linda, I am very happy with it so far. I like how the fireplace now reaches the ceiling, as well as having some 3D feel to it. I am going to put in two "shelves" in it today so that Mrs Santa can have a tray of cookies baking there.

I found the sleigh bed on Ebay, dave17149, it was origianlly mahogany coloure, can we say 6 coats of paint to get it Santa red???

Ok, better get back to that chaos we are creating now when shifting rooms...

Hugs

Thank you so much Wenlaine, it came together very nicly, got to love the mitre cutter box as well as the easy cutter. It was sooo easy to get the extnesion parts done like that, only taped two pieces together so that the cut would make two identcal pieces, two glue lines, one on the back of the fireplace and one of the trim part that would make the extnesion part and allow to set for a teeny bit then put together and there it was. A generous amount of spackle and then just rub it down a little with the tip of my finger (used gloves though or it might have been burning)

Hugs

perhaps some baking in the oven, gingerbread men perhaps???
and Mrs Claus could be assembling a wee gingerbread house while her cookies are baking B) and a couple of the elves helping with cookie cutting & carrying pans. I love the sleigh bed!

just rub it down a little with the tip of my finger (used gloves though or it might have been burning)

I have used my bare finger to coax stubborn spackle (& then go over it with craft stick or credit card to remove fingerprints) & have never noticed "burning" or other discomfort/ damage to my finger ;) :D The one time I tried gloves the spackle wanted to stick to the latex more than to the wood wall!

and Mrs Claus could be assembling a wee gingerbread house while her cookies are baking  B) and a couple of the elves helping with cookie cutting & carrying pans.  I love the sleigh bed!

I have used my bare finger to coax stubborn spackle (& then go over it with craft stick or credit card to remove fingerprints) & have never noticed "burning" or other discomfort/ damage to my finger  ;)  :D  The one time I tried gloves the spackle wanted to stick to the latex more than to the wood wall!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I fell in love with the sleigh bed as well, I am probably going to add some little fake runners to it someday, a little gold painted trimming etc, not sure just yet, I am also still debating which bedspread/covers to use since I have 5 different fabrics to choos from. Much easier when I had only one...

As for the spackle and burning, I do think it depends on which kind one uses, I think the one suitable for wood filling won't be that bad in regards to the burn sensation but the one applicable for the concrete walls, that is another thing though. As for spackle being stubbonr, yes that is something I completley agree with LOL but a dab of water on the glove finger tip works wonders :(

Hugs

Very nice! I love your fireplace!

Anna, you may want to look into the costs of shipping from France rather than from the U.S. I got that sleighbed unfinished from La Boite a Joujoux. They sell a lot of unfinished 1:12 and 1:24 furniture that I haven't seen in the U.S. or on eBay. The prices seem reasonable, though I had to wait and do a huge order because of the price of shipping to the U.S.

Very nice! I love your fireplace!

Anna, you may want to look into the costs of shipping from France rather than from the U.S. I got that sleighbed unfinished from La Boite a Joujoux. They sell a lot of unfinished 1:12 and 1:24 furniture that I haven't seen in the U.S. or on eBay. The prices seem reasonable, though I had to wait and do a huge order because of the price of shipping to the U.S.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes, the Boite a Joujoux, we actually visitid it when we were in Paris last summer and it had the most marvellous things, things I had never seen anywhere and the girl expediting was ever so sweet. And you know, bliss och all blisses (?) when we had come out of this shop and passed its neighbour there were another mini shop!!! Speak about me being in mini-heaven and in French!

Seriously though, this seller gave me a very reasonable price for the shipping so I can really recommend him.

Hugs