the Primrose

So, I opened my first kit today. It think I will be late for Chloe's birthday but it is okay. It will house her japanese alice in wonderland doll and I think the white rabbit. Alice should be here friday and she will just have to be happy staying in her box until the 4th. After that she may have to live in Chloe's top drawer until the house is done. I am thinking maybe the mad hatter and the march hare may join if I find suitable ones. I have already decided downstairs will have a black and white check floor with yellow painted walls. They will be at tea of course with cakes and cookies. the mouse may join too. I am not sure. I am thinking the upstairs will have a bed rocking chair and bookcase. Maybe a lavendar bedroom. Chloe's favorite color is purple. The outside I think will be baby blue and maybe a thatched roof. Our dollar store has hula skirts I think one can be made into a lovely roof.

I read the directions today and in lieu of petting I separated the shingles and put them in a ziploc for use on something else I think. Tommorrow, I hope to sand and prime the big peices. And maybe put an order in to ernies for the kitchen items and the bedroom furniture.

Let's see how long the saggitarius in me can focus on one project. We like to change things around all the time. No I'm not indecisive...don't look at me like that!

Arda, it sounds like you have a fun build ahead of you, please share pics from the process, I am soooo looking forward to seeing a fairy tale setting coming to life like this!

Hugs

I want to see all the little twig furniture she's going to make for it! Arda, you'll have to start collecting acorn caps for dinnerware.

Oh and the beechnut pods would look real neat as flower pots but be carefull when handling them thoug... And the chestnuts hollowed out are splendid as serving bowls... and poppy seed pods are great turned upside down and used as funiture feet...

Hugs and goodluck

Those will be for my primrose. It will be a fairy house for sure. I bought three one for my dd one for my neice and the last for me. I will make a room box for my sister for her barbie. And am ordering the duplex room box for my 2nd dd's punk rock japanese doll. She needs a city house. I am going to get a giuitar for that one. And zebra furniture. I will be glad to go home and get to a real fabric store. Maybe I can take a trip to the garment district in LA just for fun. I haven't been there for a while. My fashion design school is in the middle of it. Yeah! I love how talking to you guys gives me ideas! ;) :):p:wave: You guys rock!

• 2 weeks later...