Fairfield Instruction Question

trippedits

I just purchased the Fairfield kit and am ready to go. However, while reading the directions, I'm noticing everything in the directions is labeled. (Piece A, 1, 2, B, etc). None of the pieces on the sheets of wood are labeled. Is this an error or am I just new?

If someone could let me know, it would be much appreciated. Stuck on the foundation already!

-Tripp the newbie. :wave:

Hmm... It's been awhile since I built the fairfield, but I remember your dilema. I was stuck on the foundation for a day or so before I figured it out. The letters threw me too. I think I just ended up popping out the peices that went to the foundation and played around with them until they looked right lol.

Now, whether that was right or not is a different story :wave:

I don't have my instructions handy, they are packed away in the garage or I'd go look them over for you!!

Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on it for you :wave:

Good luck!@

are the peices labled like that on the schematic sheet?

if so...lightly pencil the corrospnding parts with the appropriate letter.

it always a good idea to label everything and place smaller parts in baggies untill needed.

if you have to get up and walk away from the house for awhile...it will be easier to start up again!

do not ask me how I know this! :wave::wave:

Happy Building

nutti :congrats:

If it helps, Tiffany, take out your instruction sheet and your schematics sheet together and as you read the insturction sheet, find the part on the schematics sheet. I used to mark the part's schematic sheet identification in pencil onto the part in its plywood sheet until I had Peggi's experience & sanded it off. Now I mark the part ID on a piece of masking tape using a pen if the part is falling out of its sheet.

I lay the sheets in numerical order because it's easier for me to locate the parts I want if the sheets are in order. I also gather all the stair parts and put them into a labeled qiplock bag, and I do the same for doors & trims and windows & trims.

If you got the schematic sheet it will become your best friend. The parts are numbered on there. I too, marked each with a light pencil, before I popped them out. If you didn't get the schematic sheet, give Greenleaf a call. They will send you one. Good luck with the build, have fun.

Thank you, everyone for all of your suggestions!

I did finally get the foundation together. I think it took about 2 hours before I figured it out! And then I decided that was probably going to be

it for the night!

I did get the schematics sheet w. the instructions. In fact, that almost scared me away from it! Schematics for a dollhouse?! It made me feel

like I'd gotten in over my head before I even pulled the wood pieces out!

I will label every thing before working on it again.

Thank you, again, for all of your suggestions. It's made me feel very welcome and I'm sure I'll be back on here again for help!

all of your suggestions. It's made me feel very welcome and I'm sure I'll be back on here again for help!
You ARE welcome here, and you don't have to wait to join in the fun until you need help!