Scalloped trim & wallpaper ?

kellee

The roof on the house I am working on has the paper scalloped trim stuff... I would love to take that off and use it on the gables. but I doubt it will come off without destroying it.

Does anyone know where I can get the scalloped trim?

The wallpaper is stained and I want to change it as well...What is the best way to remove the wallpaper?

Thank You,

Kellee

For removing wallpaper, try using warm water and vinegar, or warm water and fabric softener. It helps if you score the paper with something sharp like a pin/needle first, then apply the warm fluid with a sponge. Let it soak in and sit a bit, then peel, scrape, and rub off the paper.

For removing wallpaper, try using warm water and vinegar, or warm water and fabric softener. It helps if you score the paper with something sharp like a pin/needle first, then apply the warm fluid with a sponge. Let it soak in and sit a bit, then peel, scrape, and rub off the paper.

That's how I should have done mine! When I took off my wallpaper, I just started ripping and pulling! LOL but I guess this way is much better. Oh well. My BH is my first house. And I never said I knew what I was doing!

Unfortunatly no.... It is the thin paper cardboard type of scallop... I have gotten it with the Dura Craft dollhouses... but I dont know about Greenleaf... It is like a fishscale shingle but in a long strip of them... and they are paper like.

Thank You for all your ideas on the wallpaper... I think I am going to end up wallpapering thin cardboard... That way I wont have all the mess.

Kellee

Does anyone know where I can get the scalloped trim?

yup

send me a pm with your snail mail and I will send you what I have from my sisters Newberg

she didnt like them so here they sit. maybe it wont be enough but you would have them to make a pattern from if need be!

nutti :wave:

Nutti,

Thank You so much, I sent you a PM. !

Yes, My Mothers Newburg has the scalloped trim on the gables.! This house has the scalloped trim for the shingles, I am going be removing that and putting wood shingles on the house.... I cannot think of a way to remove the scalloped trim without destroying it. I want to put the scalloped trim on the gable areas. I am hoping it will give it some decoration.

Kellee