Fairfield!

juliet

After very much thought and anxiety over what scale and what house I should buy as a first, I have now ordered the fairfield. My thought was to try out 1/2 scale first, since it's so hard imagining how it all will look when it's actually standing there, and I have a feeling I might enjoy the smaller choice, or at least my boyfriend..

Anyways, thank you all for the advices; but I allready have some more favors to ask!

I would really like to see some different houses, and I am very interested in the interior, there are no good "commercial" pictures of it.

Also, the wiring? Should I do it while I assemble, or after? And what kit?

What tools and glue do I need?

(I can't wait for it to stand on my doorstep!!)

Julie, go to General Mini Talk and look at the pinned categories. I believe there is one that has a list of beginner supplies supply list which should go into glue and such (but if not wood glue) and there is a list of tutorials Tutorials pinned which includes Darrell's tutorial on wiring (towards the bottom). If those don't help, let us know and we can answer more questions.

If you check out the "Questions about a particular house" forum, and then the Greenleaf sub-forum, there are several threads about the Fairfield that might help you. I would check out Fov's website at http://home.comcast.net/~fovlet/dollhouse.html and there are probably some pictures in the galleries of other Fairfields too. It's an adorable little house. Good luck with your building! :flowers:

If you want to see different houses, go the the gallery or the blog sections. There is some great houses shown fully furnished and with tips on building not only the house but some on furnishings. The Team Builders Blogs are a great way to see how one house can be interpreted in many different ways.

congrats on a great choie, i am buidling it a the moment, I have some pics in my albums, its very early in its construction, but I have big bashing plans.

not worked on it for a while but i talk to it each night and its happy enough at the moment.

you could join the yahoo halfscale group, they have lots of Fairfield pics and some very detailed ones of the inside during consrtuction. I have those pics saved somewhere on a Cd, I could look them out and post them on here

Great!

I've now read them all and looked at a lot of pictures, and now I'm even more happy with my choice!

This site is the best, and now I know where to look for everything, thank you all!