Miniature Shows in Missouri?

I've only lived in the Kansas City, MO area a little over a year so am not familiar with many things. Could anyone tell me if there will be a miniature show in the Kansas City area and if so, when it will be? Also, I'll be traveling to the St. Louis area this coming up weekend (3/23-25) does anyone know if there are any miniature things that I absolutely MUST do while I'm there? Thanks in advance for your input and happy minis to you all!

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

The Miniature Fantasies Show is in KC May 4-5 at the Intrigue Park Place Hotel at I-35 & Front Street. I sent an email to the contact, Tracey_Shafer@hotmail.com last January but still haven't gotten any information. I got the original information from a flier I picked up at Mini Temptations in Overland Park, KS.

When I get more information, I'll post it. Lynette (Nutti) may come up for it, and Mary (Marsiedotes) lives in the area. I'm about 70 miles west, in Missouri. There have been so many new members joining the forum that there may be more near here now. Would be fun if some of us could get together there.

We were in the St Louis, MO, area two years ago for 4 July on our second LONG road trip, and in addition to the Miniature Museum there (with a very nice little shop) there was a craft store that had a small mini section at the time, but I spoke to the manager and she said the owner was "into" dollhouses, so who knows now?

We were in the St Louis, MO, area two years ago for 4 July on our second LONG road trip, and in addition to the Miniature Museum there (with a very nice little shop) there was a craft store that had a small mini section at the time, but I spoke to the manager and she said the owner was "into" dollhouses, so who knows now?

Sandy, closer to home, the Toy and Miniature Museum Gift Shop in Kansas City is clearing out everything in stock at 50%-off until mid-April to make room for new merchandise. The shop will be closed from April 15-25, when it will reopen as The Museum Store. I've always been disappointed in the gift shop -- very few mini items, mostly toys, country decor items, etc. I'm hoping the new slant will incorporate more minis. Lord knows several of us have lamented the lack of minis every time we visit! With any luck at all, they heard and heeded! <typing with fingers crossed>

Kathie B, thanks for the info. Seems like I picked up a flyer a while back from Mini Temptations also about upcoming shows. But being my typical self, I of course, can't find it now. There certainly is a lack of shopping for us mini-holics around here. If I had the resources, I'd open my own store up here in the Northland.....

I took a peek at your Orchid, it's absolutely stunning. I'm working on the Orchid now but just can't seem to figure out just yet how I want to wallpaper it. It will come to me I'm sure.

Maybe we can meet up for a show somewhere in the area. Keep me in mind if you find out the more info.

Thank you,

Sandy

Maybe we can meet up for a show somewhere in the area. Keep me in mind if you find out the more info.

I will PM you and Nutti and Marsiedotes when I know more. I'm not sure how well organized this group is. When I emailed asking for info, she came back and asked if I'd like to teach a class! I graciously declined. I want to take classes, not teach them! :wave:

Kathie - could you add me to that pm list. We're going down there house hunting soon and I could maybe make the trip for the same time frame. That would be cool!

hey Kathy are you taking anything to exibit?

are thinking about taking a class?

the shadow box fairies look tempting

nutti :yes:

I'm not terribly excited about any of the classes, and I'm not going to take anything to exhibit. Although it would be great fun to take the Mardi Gras float, they warn about making exhibits "sticky-finger-proof", and there are too many little things on the float that could walk off. And it would mean going over on Friday to set up and then having to wait until 6 pm Saturday to take it down. I talked myself out of it.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the exhibits and cruising the vendor displays.

Wish I could join you! I went to a Kansas City show about 16-17 years ago. My boyfriend and I were traveling to Arkansas from Omaha, saw a mini shop so we pulled over to take a look. The shop owner asked if we were in town for the show (what show?) and off we went to see it! P.S. That boyfriend became my husband. Anyone who makes time in the travel schedule for an impromtu side trip to a mini show is a definite keeper!

Nutti, you are right, the fairy boxes look charming.

Check out Pat Vick's food class. I took a cake making class from her here in Virginia. Her instructions were clear and easy, and with little effort I left with some cakes I was really proud of!

Maybe my husband, a mini-maker's dream come true, will get that job in Missouri and I can join you all next year. He is trying for other, better paying jobs (he will have a brand new master's in geography this may), but I would hope for the less well-paying job in a semi rural area less than a day's drive from my family. Here it is so crowded, everything is so expensive, and it's so far from the people I love. Some things matter more than money.

Jeri

Now to talk hubby into going down there on those dates! Depending on when he's having surgery, I should be able to talk him into it. Keeping my fingers crossed!