My First Dollhouse

kim

This is my first time at the new forum! It's been awhile since I last visted.

Anyways, this is a little story about my first dollhouse and what has become of it.

I can't remember the name of the house......but it was a farmhouse. I built it about 10 years ago and it has been on display since it was finished (in a record WEEK!).

I had always wanted a dollhouse and loved miniatures since my neighbor introduced me to it back in 1976. She had a beautiful (extremely expensive) antique dollhouse that she had since she was a child (she was 62 at the time). It had been passed down to her and she had since added electricity and a few more expensive antiques.

It took awhile but I eventually came back to the craft. I loved this house for so long but my house was getting smaller with all of the additional projects I had going on (2 new large dollhouses and LOTS of 144th scale).

I don't have any children to pass this on to so I did the next best thing. I have wonderful neighbors who have the most FANTASTIC girls. They are little angels. The ages are 7 and 8. PERFECT AGE......that was the age I really wanted a dollhouse of my own. I couldn't have imagined a better home for my house. So about 3 weeks ago, I gave it away to two very happy little girls. Furniture and all! I've never seen such amazed and happy faces in my life!!!! It felt good! I do have a little seperation anxiety though.....keep looking over at the table it used to sit on as I'm working on my current project.

That will pass when I put my finished Pierce on it's turntable! :D

Here's a link to the pics!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tuckamuk

Kim

Hi There Kim!!! Welcome to our new community here!! :D I think that was a great story! Finished in a Week sounds wonderful to me! B) Those girls really received a treasure! How sweet of you! The Newberge is a wonderful house for little girls and Big ones too LOL :D .

your Newberg looks wonderful...that is a very nice looking house when done and than to give it to sweet little girls.

I did that for my girlfriends 3 girls 2 yrs ago. Hubby and I took the Willowcrest all the way to Florida from Missouri..the smiles and looks of wonder was worth every minute of work spent.

Last yr I built the Newberg for my sister and neice...they knew it was comming but they were sooo excited!

I have 2 great-neices who will be come the owners of The allison dollhouse this year for Christmas!

I love the colors you have chosen for the Peirce.

and I went looking for all those 1/144th scale and just found 1 B)

I am definatly having a thing for that scale myself these days.

oh and by the way

WELCOME!!

glad you found us.

nutti :D

Welcome Kim! In case you haven't figured it out, your "Farmhouse" is called the Newburg, by Dura-craft, which is why we all keep telling you your Newburg is wonderful, and it is! Such a beautiful shade of yellow!

Your Pierce is absolutely stunning--I never realized how good that house would look in red!

I don't know how you all do that 1/144th scale stuff, but it looks wonderful!

The thought of finishing a dollhouse, much less a Dura-Craft Newburg, in a week simply overloads my brain circuits. kim, I have built two of their kits and didn't do either of them in a week! I have a Newburg "waiting in the wings"; now I'm wondering...

:D Awww, shucks, you guys make me blush! B) . Thank you for all the nice responses.

I did finish my first house in 1 week of 12 hour days for 7 days. I don't have that kind of time anymore....... :D .

The color of my Pierce didn't really come out to good in my photo. Looks a little more RED-red than it is. I used a red called Claret, kind of a maroony color. The trim is taupe and evergreen. It looks kinda cool.

I'll have to get the rest of my 144th's in my album. I'm going to start the 144th scale gothic mansion next, then the log cabin after that. BUT FIRST.....I have to finish my Pierce and start the base for my FAIRFIELD!!!!!

I think I'm hooked......good thing my hubby likes this hobby too!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!

Kim, how wonderful of you to give away such a treasure! They must really be special little girls! :D

I don't have children either, but I think I'm taking my dollhouses to the old age home with me! :D Well, maybe not . . . or maybe . . . oh, I'm sure I'll think of something before that time comes!! B)