Indecison again

Paula

Hi all: Haven't made any progress on the Orchid since my last pictures. Initially I wanted the outside to be beige, but the paint that I bought was too dark...small bottles, didn't want to deal with mixing, so I just painted it white...mostly out of impatience.

I was at the hardware store today and bought a pint of beige paint that'd probably be perfect, but I've already got all the doors and trim on. It'd look better beige vs. white, but it'd be a royal pain to paint around all those little tiny things! Then I'm so intimidated to start the moldings. I really need to get to Hobby Lobby to purchase floors so I can put the rest of the puzzle together! Someone suggested wood floors and I think that's the way to go with this house.

The last thought is how on the weekend I was so overwhelmed about what to buy to furnish the house...but it's so small...there's barely any to furnish anyhow!

everything is a learning process, eh?

SO...should I repaint the exterior ... or thumbs down and leave it white?

thanks, Paula

I would say go with your heart and what the house "wants". Re-painting might be a pain yes true, but then again if it isn't right to begin with I can see a wish to rehab it real soon as you won't be happy with the end result.

I know that when I were repainting real life stuff and had lots and lots of fiddly corners and trims and... I used some of that masking tape and sort of ran it along the edges of what I didn't want the new paint on and painted the rest. A bit on the fiddly side but well worth it in the end.... :) Sorry I am of no real help here but listen to what your instint tell you and go with that descision (sp?)

Hugs and good luck and looking forward to seeing pics of your progress!

The white is nice and there are alot of ppl on here who have done theirs white with great results.

If it is gonna bug you then paint it. Just go slowly. I had to repaint my Marquam Hill Mansion exterior and that was all put together.

It took me awhile to finish (about a month) but I took my time, used very small brushes and tape and it came out fine.

I repainted my San Franciscan. The color just wasn't to my liking. We had some left over house paint and now it is Batik Green instead of the original light blue. The white trim was left alone and now it pops.

Just take your time. No one is standing over you with a whip or anything. It's your toy, play with it to suit yourself and have fun.

Hi Paula,

I say if you want to re-paint, do it. You can use blue painters tape to mask off areas not to paint. You can use a small flat brush, (1/4 to 1/2 wide) with bristles cut to an angle, like a sash brush, to paint in small places. It works for me. Talk to your house and reassure it how beautiful, or handsome, it will be when finished. It should behave quite nicely. Call it an adventure and have a happy time!

Nancy

Awe, thanks again for all your quick replies. I love the one about the house talking to me. I think it's saying...hurry up and finish me so the 5 yr old can play with it! Seriously though, I painted a little portion of the white--beige and I don't like that color either. So I am content with the white.

I think I'll make another (larger) dollhouse for my 14 yr old daughter! (I have 2 dd's and a son--although I doubt he'll be a candidate for one--unless it's a hunting cabin or something lol).

Thanks again...Paula

i would re paint the house. if beige is the true color you really want. i would go for it. in the long run you will just love this house even more. you could always use masking tape to cover up the things you dont want to paint.

good luck, i cant wait to see pics :blink:

Well if you are leaving her be then maybe sometime down the road when the current owner gets older, you can paint it another color together.

My family is not into my dhs. I think it is more of an intrusion to them than anything. The mess, the space it takes up, the time I use..

But hey, I aint here to make anybody happy! :blink:

But hey, I aint here to make anybody happy! :wave:

Apart from the self here.... I think it is very important that one can allow oneself to be happy before trying to make others happy, right?!? :blink:

Ie more minis as that makes ME veeeery happy LOL

Hugs