The Pumpkin Yard

SabrinaO

I had a Idea in my Head Of useing those Fake Pumkins they sell in the stores and well. I finally decided to start that Idea... I have made a Small Graveyard inside of a fake pumpkin. It is Not wuite Done But it is getting there. The Pictures Don't do it good Justice as It looks a whole lot better in person especially when it is lit and you can see it with your own eyes in the dark. Plz Take a Look and any THoughts Or ideas you might have for addons or anything plz let me know! :)

Here is the link to the Album... The Pumpkin Yard

Hugsss

Sabrina

P.S. It's amazing the Ideas you get when your doing things with Minis! :D

Oh my goodness, Sabrina, that's fantastic! What a terrific idea! I've been oogling over those little Halloween miniatures at Michael's, but didn't know what the heck I'd do with them . . . now I know!! I'm going to "borrow" your idea and make a pumpkin yard! I love it!! :)

What brand of black paint did you use . . . if I may ask?! Thanks! :D

Absalutely I don't mind if you Want to do the same, I think it be great to see Diffrent Ideas with it and diffrent ways and such! :D I used Americana's Acrylic Paint (Ebony) Black.The Graves that are in the picture I got from Michaels and I absalutely Love them I wish that our Michaels wasn't a day trip away from us.I Love the tape player Idea . I am going to have to Try that .. I am Planning on makeing a tree stump base for it to hold the light adapters ( I have them battery operated) but you can use a adapter with them It lets you do it either way. :)

Hugsss

Sabrina

Sabrina, it's wonderful! The vulcher gives me the creeps! :D I love your witch with your little 'blurb'. Made me laugh out loud! :) I'm heading to Michael's tomorrow to see what I can pick up. Can't spend too much this week, though because I'm going to the Chicago mini show on Saturday and I want to save my pennies for that! :p

Wooohooo Can I go with ya to Michaels? as Mine is a day trip away *crys* They have alot of nice things for halloween and Xmas stuff thats small. If I am ever able to get another house a small one like the sugerplum I would love to do a Ginger Christmas with it... I Understand about saveing the pennies for the show I would to if i had a chance to go to one. :D I am Saveing to beable to get anohter house .. I almost have enough saved..I guess I am becomeing addicted already and havent totally finsihed the first house LOL.

Hugsss Sabrina

I hear you Sabrina . . . I have three or four houses I'd like to do (I'm sure I'll come up with more as I go along) but haven't finished my Beacon Hill. I'm almost there though!! :D Well, as far as lighting and decorating goes. I'm sure it will take me forever to get all the little details in!! :o

I was Lookng on ebay Lastnight at all the Minatures and house Kits and I am just in Aww. (can you tell I am becomeing a addict?) So Many Ideas and Items My mind just was doing a360 with ideas. Don't think it will take you foreveron your Becon... Love it! and Love how the lighting is in it! and absalutely love that chandaler (sfs) It is so pretty. ( I think I got the Mini Bug.)

Hugsss

Sabrina

Sabrina, Your pumpkin graveyard is adorable. You can make your own tombstones out of granitex polymer clay--check out the graveyard in my sugarplum cottage album on my webshots:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lisan204

Polymer clay will be less expensive and it's easy to shape. I used some burnt umber paint dry brushed on mine, and the grave dug up is carved out of styrofoam, an idea for a how to I got off of a website called Pretty Petals. The base is landscaped with DAS clay, which is also good for the toombstones also. I had started on a pumpkin carriage with one of those carvable pumpkins, but had to leave it and think on it as the axle was giving me problems. May dig it back out and do it now that I've tackled the concession trailer. I love miniature wheels.

Keep up the great work!

Ohhh I Like that I am definetly gonna have to mess with that and try it! That Never crossed my mind. I have another Project comeing up that Includes a Pumpkin. For My Brothers Fiance as a Bridal gift. Am Going to be makeing Cinderellas Carriage... I think I will Probably call It Kimberella's. Maybe you can Give me a Few Ideas On how to go about the wheels. :o

Hugsss

Sabrina

• 1 month later...

I have two of those pumpkins trying to decide on what do with mine I can't make up my mind. :D

Yours look wonderful! I was thinking of a graveyard or something simliar to that.

Thanks for sharing such a great project!

mini hugs

Jennifer

Sabrina, this was an awesome project! I still haven't gotten to mine and doubt I will for this year, but I'm definitely going to do one next year! Again, thanks for sharing!! :D