Gluing dilemma

caitejay

So I've started gluing my stairs together. And the slot that the wood fits in is wider than the piece of wood going into it - so there's a gap, the piece of wood doesn't fit nicely into the other piece of wood. Is this where the wood putty comes in? I know I'm not going to get nice solidly glued stair pieces with this extra space. Should I just half glue it and fill the rest with the putty? Or add putty first so the piece fits better, then glue it?

Caite, if this is the stairs that came with the kit, the parts should fit. When that happened to me (long enough ago I've forgotten which house, probably the San Franciscan!lol) I went back & discovered I'd glued part of it wrong.

Maybe if you posted some pictures to show what you're describing someone could figure out if that's the problem.

yeah, what somebody already said...if none of the stairs are fitting together properly, somewhere there's a boo-boo. Somebody here recently just had that problem with a landing, while building their Garfield, and were ready to cut a piece to fit..when they went back, read the directions again, and realized they were putting it together improperly.

If you can post pics, usually somebody here who has built your model house can figure out where you need to go to fix it!